RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've bought this new alt. from Island 4x4 to replace knackered one from 2001 4.6ltr. but the new one has a couple of xtra connections. So do I connect +ve to either red post or is this part not a match to the old? see pics

Attachments

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
Why not phone Island and ask them? I suspect both terminals are commoned so it won't matter which you use, but they should be able to tell you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been around for a while but this is my first post.....BTW, Howzit all from South Africa!

Recently also had to chuck my old alternator for a new one with similar terminals to yours.

Was told to connect the positive to battery on B+2 and the earth on the obvious smaller terminal.

It works perfect in my Rangie like that.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Perhaps if you call Island they can also explain why the back of that "new" alternator is so filthy and the posts show obvious sign of having been installed. If indeed you purchased a new or reman unit and not a used one I would be sending it back.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Regard that's what I did and it seems to be working fine. RRToadHall the new is on the right and is a bit grubby from my dirty hands, it's all shiney all over

1 - 5 of 5 Posts