RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New air ride constantly self adjusting - and 15 min wait for tank to fill on startup

Just had my air ride units replaced a few months ago and have been getting a wallowy ride. The front bags are always adjusting and settling into place when the truck is on. It does this in all levels - Highway, Normal and Offroad. If the truck is off and sits for an hour the rear bags over inflate and jack the rear of the truck up beyond the selected setting. When coming to a stop at a light, I notice excessive dipping and then the front lifts up maybe 2" when stopped. I never recalled this before.

This all started to happen after an incident where the air lines melted due to a broken exhaust while driving on the highway and it was too late to tow the vehicle and I had to drive on the bump stops for a brutal 30 miles. Before that the suspension was in great working order.

I suspect the air ride sensors are shot and maybe an air leak.

If the truck sits in access mode for an hour or 2, there might not be enough air in the tank to lift the truck to normal height. I have to wait 15+ minutes for the tank to fill. This wasn't an issue before this. If I start the truck from over 6hrs or more there isn't any air in the tank. Is this an air leak? or are the sensors causing this or the valves in the EAS which has worked flawless up until this point.

It is definitely a warranty issue on the work performed, but I haven't been able to contact my indy and he is not answering calls. I would have had this taken care of ASAP but the truck has been stuck for 1.5 months at an interior shop to do some custom headliner and pillar work.

Is this something that I can tackle myself or do I need a computer to reset the ride heights if I put new sensors in?

In hindsight I should have converted to springs but the look of the truck slammed with 19" rims clouded my judgement.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Re: New air ride constantly self adjusting - and 15 min wait for tank to fill on star

If you had your airlines replaced to the airbags,it sounds as if they have not been connected to the correct bags.Possibly the lines have been swopped over at the manifold.
The system does not inflate airbags when the vehicles engine is not running.It only deflates them.
if the air lines are connected correctly then I would suspect the driver module attached to the manifold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts