RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just upgraded my old 200K Hitachi Air compressor to a New AMK Air compressor on my 06 L322. I am almost 99% sure my old one was bad, as it smelt burnt and my rear was never aired up. Anyways. I had a couple questions, I know obviously I have to do the software update for it which I will be doing as soon as I can get a opening at my local dealership as I do not have a tool that supports Land-rover Software. But my questions are.

1. Is it normal for the Air Compressor to air up for about 5 seconds when the car starts, make two "popping" noises and turn off then read "Suspension Fault?"
2. Will the compressor even air up the car with the old software? or will it just fault.

Thank you.

·
Registered
633 Posts
That software update might just prevent damage to the compressor... I received an AMK replacement on my 2012 and it works beautifully.

·
Registered
72 Posts
1. Yes. The compressor will run when you start the truck. The popping noise is most likely the valve closing.
2. You will get a fault due the wrong software. It should go away when you install the correct software.
3. If you have not replaced the front / rear airbags you probably have a leak. I have a 2006 and replaced the front, rear and air compressor last year. The normal life-span for air bags are about 10 years regardless of miles.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1. Yes. The compressor will run when you start the truck. The popping noise is most likely the valve closing.
2. You will get a fault due the wrong software. It should go away when you install the correct software.
3. If you have not replaced the front / rear airbags you probably have a leak. I have a 2006 and replaced the front, rear and air compressor last year. The normal life-span for air bags are about 10 years regardless of miles.
Thank you for your input. I did NOT install new bags, the rear is sitting on the stops, but the front has yet to air down (I have had "Suspension Fault" with no compressor for the last 6 months) the rear only went down I believe due to when I changed the rear wheels, I heard air seeping out of the bags when I jacked up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would install new bags ASAP. Your new compressor will fail and your warranty will be invalid due to leaky bags. I ordered mine online and had them installed. Saved alot of money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would install new bags ASAP. Your new compressor will fail and your warranty will be invalid due to leaky bags. I ordered mine online and had them installed. Saved alot of money.
I am going to see if they leak first before I replace them, no point in replacing them if they don't leak. I am going to put soap and water all around the bags, and inspect them for cracks after I do the software update on it and air up the suspension. I can get both bags for around $350 total. Installing should only take me about a hour per side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts