RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this today, for our eldest to make into a wheeling rig maybe.
1380147_10202022055982942_1284056283_n.jpg
$800, so not bad.
Either needs some cleaning up, or ripping apart.
If it gets made into a wheeling rig, 35's are a minimum. So fender trimming an tube fenders will be getting made for it.
Start now, the EAS needs fixing, so it's going if it is to be made into a wheeler, it's going on coils. Where we go, EAS wont cut it I'm afraid.

Martin

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nice looking P38 Martin. Yes, you need to ditch the airsprings if it is going to be a trail rig. I would be very interested in how you are going to fit 35s in there! Fenders will be cut up and you will need some spacers. For 33s, I have a 5 inch lift, custom 3 inch longer shocks, adjustable panhard rods and double cardon front driveshaft. Overall though, its less parts than raising a Disco that high. For 35s you may need a body lift as well.

Will be watching...

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fenders will be trimmed, no doubt. There are some Iclandic rigs that have caught my attention.....
I may just junk the radius arms too, for a Y link setup. That way I can make my own and be able to adjust everything on the top and bottom links. Panhard bars will be easy enough to make too.
I was considering a 2" body lift, if nothing else will get it to flex the way it needs to.

Martin

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts
Got any interior pics?

Is this one keeping the Rover V8? ;) Will be following this one for sure.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interior is pretty clean, just needs 2 new door actuators and a good vacuum from what I hear (not seen it yet, wife went to pick it up).
Undecided on the motor. I figure if we sell the motor/tranny/transfer case, that would more than pay for a complete drop in LSx drivetrain......

Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts