Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the privilege to see the new sport today and the photos online are very close to what it looks like. There were two of them available for us to view. One was in a matte silver in the SE edition and the other was special color for car shows only in a beautiful red with gold flakes. This was called the "First Edition". The First Edition will be the top of line with 4 colors only. Blue, Red, Black, and a new light green. The bad news, NO SVR upon its launch in May. That's right, They are not offering the SVR for a while so the 530 hp First Edition with a BMW engine is tops for now. The interior is very similar to the new full size with the one floating center screen. Overall, the vehicle looks good and very similar to the current model blended with the Velar. There will also be a price increase as the First Edition starts at $120000 and its the only one you can get with a V8.

·
Registered
74 Posts
From what I recall (I feel 90% confident saying this) it’s actually not the same steering wheel from the FFRR, it’s a design that seems very close to what’s in the current Velar… the kind of tri-spoke setup. I also am not a fan of the wheel in the FFRR and I distinctly remember the wheel being different in the RRS.

It will look very good on the road. It’s does pull from the Velar on the rear end but only in so far as the dark horizontal panel with the embossed RANGE ROVER letters. Otherwise it’s very much a RRS out back.

From the front, it’s all RRS just tucked and trimmed up a bit. The DRL gives up the classic hollow rectangle on the lower inside of each headlight for a solid slightly thicker strip in that same area. If you go back and study the camo spy shots you can actually see that. Looks a little odd since I’m so used to the hollow rectangle but I’m sure will grow on me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Interesting… the quad exhaust pipes were reserved for the First Edition V8 model and white was not a color offering. At least in the US.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes it will, as part of an option package on lower models and standard on First Edition (V8 model).

Reactions: StrangeRover91

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the privilege to see the new sport today and the photos online are very close to what it looks like. There were two of them available for us to view. One was in a matte silver in the SE edition and the other was special color for car shows only in a beautiful red with gold flakes. This was called the "First Edition". The First Edition will be the top of line with 4 colors only. Blue, Red, Black, and a new light green. The bad news, NO SVR upon its launch in May. That's right, They are not offering the SVR for a while so the 530 hp First Edition with a BMW engine is tops for now. The interior is very similar to the new full size with the one floating center screen. Overall, the vehicle looks good and very similar to the current model blended with the Velar. There will also be a price increase as the First Edition starts at $120000 and its the only one you can get with a V8.
Any word on a fully-electric model? Just curious if they will be ever do a full EV RRS.
f.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, but not until 2024 model year or later.

Reactions: frisky

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts