RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had a lot of cars. Some bad others lemons and others still fantastic. Big BMW fan until recently they screwed up the look with the drooping noses. Well I still have a tuned 335 Coupe that goes like a bat out of proverbial hell. Naturally I was inclined to the X6. Went and checked out the Porsches too. I liked none except the 911 Carrera 4S that I was immediately smitten with and stole my heart. Its a good thing I wanted to go sleep over my decision to buy the "frog".

As far as SUVs go... nothing can touch this thing. I love it more the more I drive it. In fact am just blown away just how good it is. Mine was well over the 100K mark, but a few days on, I can clearly see where all that $$$ went. The car is just fantastic. 100% absolutely no regrets on my decision. I am still slowly dialing the car in and configuring to my liking.

One question I have not gotten a good answer for; Are the stock RRS-V8SC 21" wheels any good in nasty weather or do I need to swap them out every winter as I do on the BMW?

https://www.facebook.com/LRAexperie...8904359537630/653364121424986/?type=1&theater

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,550 Posts
Congratulations on the car. You have the best color! There have been numerous recent posts about different tires for different conditions. You might want to do a search.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Congrats on the car. Great aren't they?

I also owned a tuned 335i a few years ago, excellent cars. You running a Jb4, Procede or Cobb?
BTW I like the new BMWs, m4 is killer! But can't justify a third car.

Looking forward to some after market support for the V8SC RRS.....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not married yet lol!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Proceed stage 3. Car is an absolute monster. I tried to race my 335 with the Range Rover. Kind of funny it wasn't even close. Its a paperweight vs a stone thing. But pulling up and having a go at it with a few cars at lights was fun, but there will be no more antics for now. It is really fast, but feels as if its stationary. Its just effortless and really fast for a car this big. I had a few surprised looks from driver in the next lane in a sporty car. :D

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went back and forth a few times on the color combination. I'd configure one online, it looked good, go to dealer see one in that color and it looked so different. The online Configurator just doesn't match the car in the real life.

Another thing are you guys noticing the extreme hatred directed towards these cars? Are they really that polarizing? I was told the SC engine is just a "horrible" engine. Seen endless ford explorer and crap reliability comments. Oh the most often comment is how they drop their value like a stone. One lady asked me if I was christian and told me to read proverbs so I might get some wisdom. :lol: Seriously. I couldn't help. I asked her if it had ever occurred to her maybe the cost is actually relative and that it might not be as much to an owner as it seems to her? It is just weird. The same people turn around and tell you they'd like one if they could afford it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Proceed stage 3. Car is an absolute monster. I tried to race my 335 with the Range Rover. Kind of funny it wasn't even close. Its a paperweight vs a stone thing. But pulling up and having a go at it with a few cars at lights was fun, but there will be no more antics for now. It is really fast, but feels as if its stationary. Its just effortless and really fast for a car this big. I had a few surprised looks from driver in the next lane in a sporty car. :D
Nice, before I sold my 335i I had a jb4, AR Design dps, FMIC, BMS DCI, Chargepipe (forget brand), BMS Meth Kit.
Was a monster indeed, actually bought an M3 in its place with a plan to supercharge it, but then got a GTR instead. :D

The RRS do certainly move for a big car, which is why i got one lol. Basically liked the look, the luxury, the bonus speed and handling, plus it is more suited to the business world (as opposed to rocking up in a tuned GTR)

Went back and forth a few times on the color combination. I'd configure one online, it looked good, go to dealer see one in that color and it looked so different. The online Configurator just doesn't match the car in the real life.

Another thing are you guys noticing the extreme hatred directed towards these cars? Are they really that polarizing? I was told the SC engine is just a "horrible" engine. Seen endless ford explorer and crap reliability comments. Oh the most often comment is how they drop their value like a stone. One lady asked me if I was christian and told me to read proverbs so I might get some wisdom. :lol: Seriously. I couldn't help. I asked her if it had ever occurred to her maybe the cost is actually relative and that it might not be as much to an owner as it seems to her? It is just weird. The same people turn around and tell you they'd like one if they could afford it.
Not hatred here, just plenty of compliments and admiration. The most negative comment I've had is that the car is detrimental towards the environment lol....

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
. One lady asked me if I was christian and told me to read proverbs so I might get some wisdom. :lol: Seriously.
Funny!! Did you ask her which proverb offers detailed Car buying advice ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats! Does yours have the tan interior and is it loaded to the max like an Autobiography? I think I test drove your truck. But I really wanted Chile so I passed and placed an order, which is supposed to arrive in July. Did you enjoy your experience at that dealership? My sales person is Brandi. So far, she's great.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats! Does yours have the tan interior and is it loaded to the max like an Autobiography? I think I test drove your truck. But I really wanted Chile so I passed and placed an order, which is supposed to arrive in July. Did you enjoy your experience at that dealership? My sales person is Brandi. So far, she's great.
Congratulations. Thats one of the colors I wanted too. I went back the forth and finally settled on the Fuji White.

Oh man. I wish you didn't tell me that. They told me they didn't let anyone else drive it. Well I hope you didn't beat up on it too much. If you did please tell me where you live so I can come punch you in the face. I see you are not that far from me. :mrgreen:
I have a link in my original post, click and see if its the one. But your description is spot on I suspect it is the one you drove. They kept calling me to come pick it as all the customers wanted to drive it. I didn't have time to go pick it up. Actually its going back next week for front suspension noise, maybe you broke it in for me? :naughty: It was seating there for more than two weeks and I was too busy to go pick up. I honestly didn't know how completely smitten I'd be with it once I drove it home. It seems like the more I drive it, the more I love it. 400 miles and counting now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congratulations. Thats one of the colors I wanted too. I went back the forth and finally settled on the Fuji White.

Oh man. I wish you didn't tell me that. They told me they didn't let anyone else drive it. Well I hope you didn't beat up on it too much. If you did please tell me where you live so I can come punch you in the face. I see you are not that far from me. :mrgreen:
I have a link in my original post, click and see if its the one. But your description is spot on I suspect it is the one you drove. They kept calling me to come pick it as all the customers wanted to drive it. I didn't have time to go pick it up. Actually its going back next week for front suspension noise, maybe you broke it in for me? :naughty: It was seating there for more than two weeks and I was too busy to go pick up. I honestly didn't know how completely smitten I'd be with it once I drove it home. It seems like the more I drive it, the more I love it. 400 miles and counting now.
No respectable dealer lets customer test drive sold vehicles. I think you are safe and that guys face.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't worry. If it was the same vehicle, it was not sold at the time. It was more than a month ago.
Probably is too. But then again its just a car. We just feel like this when its new. We have no idea what they do these vehicles before the are shipped to the dealer anyway. I just know I have done some crazy things to cars during test drives (like revving them to red line) that I hope I didn't buy one of those. I did order a silver one first before I saw them side by side and decided I wanted the white one. Thing is I didn't pay attention to the milage at all. I then took the white out out on the highway ran it like I stole it back to back vs a V6 I suddenly thought maybe I can cut the price maybe I didn't need all this brawn after all. I came back decided to take the white one instead. I did all the paperwork and then the insurance company could not "locate" the Vin in the database. I don't know how many had this issue. After they couldn't find the Vin for a second day I told the dealer I will be back to finish the paperwork take car home, but then got crazy busy and couldn't find time for almost two weeks. Car was seating out in the parking lot the whole time.

To answer your other question, I did have a good experience with the dealer. No complaints so far. When I took it home it had 34 miles. No idea how many I put on vs how many you put on. Doesn't really matter in the end. Its just gorgeous and is a pleasure to drive. You will really enjoy yours when you finally get it. That Meriadian 1700 watt infotainment is like nothing you ever heard in car before. It really is just that good. I was paling SAT radio on it, iPod, USB music and was not really feeling just how awesome it is. Put a CD or DVD in there and crank it. It will completely blow you away. $6000 still a lot but the difference is huge! I have the premium Harmon Kardon Logic 7 in my 335
and honestly there just is no comparison between the two.

·
Registered
381 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
image.jpg

Some pictures after opticoat pro install and 3M front bumper and black trim around the pillars to deal with swirls and scratches.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
148 Posts
How do you like the opticoat? Have you had it before? I've seen several who have done it and seem to like it a lot. Is there any down side to it?

On the wrap...what are the pillars? I'm guessing the rails on sides of windshield but really have no clue. Why do you wrap them? Thanks!!!

My 15 arrives in a few weeks so I'm trying to finalize my "list of crap I don't really need but can justify because the car is already stupidly expensive". :relieved:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts