RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum with a 2010 black/black Supercharged Sport; picked it up about a month ago. Just hit exactly 500 miles and am looking to really see what 510 hp has to offer in a vehicle of this size. As I have been reading the owners manual and further researching the sport online, I have found that most new sports have a digital readout of your speed in the little screen between the tachometer and speedometer. Is this just my car that does not have this feature or is there a button that I haven't found to enable this feature?

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ive been looking for this feature myself, but have not found it as of yet. Hopefully one of us finds it soon...

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's funny - my wife and I were discussing that very thing the other day. I always look at the big tach on the Porsche, but always used the digital readout and rarely looked at where the needle was on the speedo.

Some have indicated that there a pics floating around (in the manual?) that show additional info on that center screen. Would be nice -

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
These were posted on UK forums (first one is off the UK manual, I think.) You don't have the equivalent speed readout in the lower right corner?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't ... but it may be a user selectable item (much like on my other cars). The night I bought the car, drove home from the dealer @ 9pm, skimmed the book that night and haven't played with it since. Was thinking of getting dialed this weekend and see what I can discover :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have read the manual twice now and still can't find how to enable this feature. The pictures above show exactly what I'm talking about; the digital readout of the speed is not showing in the lower right hand corner of my screen (in fact, mine is blank and I cant get anything there). This may only be a UK option, but I would really like to have it and there must be a way for us to enable it.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Smells like yet another "feature" that may be market dependent, and that Land Rover may have yanked from North American cars fearing who-knows-what potential liability or safety issues by displaying your actual speed there... The funny thing is that the MPH digital display is shown on both user manual and quick guide of MY2010 North American cars. :think: I don't see a way to enable or disable that speed indicator via user settings, though (unless the speed display pops up when you enable Overspeed Warning? Just a guess.)

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
kstatenupe said:
Upon starting your truck press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.

That has never failed me.
We don't need 30 lives in Contra, we just need the display read out of the MPH :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts