RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking her up on Saturday. Off lease with 56k miles and clean service history. No more warrentee though.

Questions:

1. AUX audio input - is there a jack somewhere that will allow me to pulg a regular 2.5mm audio cord in so I can play music from my iPhone or do I need to hack the system via the antenna input?

2. I specifically choose the 2006 because it had the Jag engine and fiber optics wiring - I was thinking many of the bugs have been worked out. What are the major issues that people are seeing with the 06 (mechanical and electric)? Just looking for a heads up.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
wulfraat said:
Picking her up on Saturday. Off lease with 56k miles and clean service history. No more warrentee though.

Questions:

1. AUX audio input - is there a jack somewhere that will allow me to pulg a regular 2.5mm audio cord in so I can play music from my iPhone or do I need to hack the system via the antenna input?

2. I specifically choose the 2006 because it had the Jag engine and fiber optics wiring - I was thinking many of the bugs have been worked out. What are the major issues that people are seeing with the 06 (mechanical and electric)? Just looking for a heads up.

Thanks all!
I have a 2006 & a 2007, the 2007 has an AUX input in the rear of the Centre Consul. The 2006 does not!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an 06 HSE with the RSE. It has the aux input jack in the back of the center console. If you don't have RSE, I think you're out of luck.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
rdrakea said:
I have an 06 HSE with the RSE. It has the aux input jack in the back of the center console. If you don't have RSE, I think you're out of luck.
Agreed 06 with RSE has jack but 06 standard does not.

07 onwards all have Aux Jack and Aux option on Nav/CD/Radio/Aux Screen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rats that's what I thought.

What about any major issues to watch out for? Have your 06's been reliable for the most part?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not had mine long (3 months) but it has no known faults and all electrics work well. Touch Screen Nav is great as is Sound System. Only prob is slight loss of cooling fluid over 3 weeks period - about 1/6 pint but this may be normal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I picked up the truck and drove it home 1110 miles this weekend. most comfortable 15 hours I have ever spent in a car :)

the flip-out cup holder on the center armrest won't close but other than that it's pretty much in perfect condition and drives great. I think this is a known issue with these - I am going to pull the unit and see if Ican figure out whats wrong before I spend 150- on a new one...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
wulfraat said:
well I picked up the truck and drove it home 1110 miles this weekend. most comfortable 15 hours I have ever spent in a car :)

the flip-out cup holder on the center armrest won't close but other than that it's pretty much in perfect condition and drives great. I think this is a known issue with these - I am going to pull the unit and see if Ican figure out whats wrong before I spend 150- on a new one...
There is a recent thread with pictures of how to pull the unit. Do a search.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
64 Posts
With 75k, my '06 has only recently needed a radiator - otherwise flawless with all maintenance done per the schedule.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yup I checked and the arm as as close in as it gets - the unit folds in correctly... just does not catch and stay closed.

I am gonna simply order a new cup holder...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts