RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm rejoining the Range Rover owners crowd. Friday night I flew to Albuquerque and picked up this Ardennes Green 1991 Range Rover in as close to perfect condition as you can get (I think). I am the second owner, the original owner has had her garage kept since purchasing her new in early 1991. I drove her from Albuquerque to Broken Arrow, OK with out a single problem...I'm pretty excited.

My wife got pissed when I tried to kick her LR3 out of the garage. Guess I need to find a storage unit to store her in. No way she's going to stay out side with the crazy OK weather (aka hail/ice/hurricane force winds, etc).

Attachments

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Additional photos

Attachments

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
382 Posts
Nice Rover, good acquisition! Is it really such low mileage? That's amazing! I consider my '92 "low mileage" at 142K.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome to the classic section, very clean rover.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
Congrats NV, that's a very nice car, very clean.

You guys are lucky in the US, RR's seem to survive a lot better than in the UK.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Awesome rover! Congrats! I've never seen the OEM Range Rover picnic basket. More pics please!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Granny said:
Nice Rover, good acquisition! Is it really such low mileage? That's amazing! I consider my '92 "low mileage" at 142K.
Yes, thats the actual mileage. After 18 years (19 from date of manufacture), I'm the 2nd owner. Original owner took excellent care of her and kept her in the garage.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Cracking find, thanks for the photos.

:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Is that the factory picnic basket?

I have been hunting one for years. I will buy it from you at top dollar. If interested pm me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am just curious to know how you found this Rover.
Did you look on a website somewhere or was it something like "I have a friend who knows someone who is selling"........ blah blah blah...
I would love to score something like that. I am amazed by the stickers under the hood. Looks like it was never driven. Congrats and I am insanely jealous :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: .

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
NVRover said:
My wife got pissed when I tried to kick her LR3 out of the garage. Guess I need to find a storage unit to store her in.
:shock: The wife or the LR3? The Classic goes in the garage! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice Classic :thumb:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice find!

I bought mine last fall.

One owner garage queen 1993 SWB Adrennes Green /Tan with 79,000 doc. miles. I am the second owner too. Mine is in the same condition as yours and came with everything you have except the picnic basket and shop manual. My car was purchased new in Portland OR and was shipped every fall to Newport Beach California, (snowbirds) I have the three ring binder with every single service at either L/R Portland or L/R Newport Beach. It was the seller's wifes car from new and after she had passed he decided to sell it. The PO had a collection of vintage Bentley's and Rolls Royces I felt pretty comfortable buying the car sight unseen and had it shipped to New England. The seller was nice enough to have the Rover detailed before InterCity picked up the car in OR and shipped it to Mass. When it finally got here I was blown away by the condition, it was like taking delivery of a brand new 93. I keep her in a heated garage and use her on spring/summer/fall dry weekends only. She just turned 83,000.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
201 Posts
Very nice I thought I was doing good to get a one owner hunter with 112k with the manual and a documented service history. Awesome trucks I am glad to know they are out there.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1990fixerupper said:
I am just curious to know how you found this Rover.
Did you look on a website somewhere or was it something like "I have a friend who knows someone who is selling"........ blah blah blah...
I would love to score something like that. I am amazed by the stickers under the hood. Looks like it was never driven. Congrats and I am insanely jealous :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: .
I found this on Rovers North website. The post was a few days old and I just happened to find it. I was trying to sell my MB E320 and buy another LR3. Then I happened on this one, called the owner, found out it he owned it since new and it had 77k miles. I told him I wanted it, changed my car plans (kept the Benz), had the car checked out by LR Albuquerque and flew out to get it. Drove it all the way back to Tulsa with a smile on my face...LOL

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doctor Leo said:
Is that the factory picnic basket?

I have been hunting one for years. I will buy it from you at top dollar. If interested pm me.
Thanks for the offer but I'm going to keep it for now.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
andrewcconti said:
Nice find!

I bought mine last fall.

One owner garage queen 1993 SWB Adrennes Green /Tan with 79,000 doc. miles. I am the second owner too. Mine is in the same condition as yours and came with everything you have except the picnic basket and shop manual. My car was purchased new in Portland OR and was shipped every fall to Newport Beach California, (snowbirds) I have the three ring binder with every single service at either L/R Portland or L/R Newport Beach. It was the seller's wifes car from new and after she had passed he decided to sell it. The PO had a collection of vintage Bentley's and Rolls Royces I felt pretty comfortable buying the car sight unseen and had it shipped to New England. The seller was nice enough to have the Rover detailed before InterCity picked up the car in OR and shipped it to Mass. When it finally got here I was blown away by the condition, it was like taking delivery of a brand new 93. I keep her in a heated garage and use her on spring/summer/fall dry weekends only. She just turned 83,000.
That is very cool! Congrats...post some pictures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts