RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 19.49.57.jpg

Just acquired my new RRC. Its a 1986 model that has had some restoration in the early 2000's and seems to be largely rust free having had the usual issues sorted. It's been re sprayed and has had the V8 and a later Nissan diesel replaced with a low mileage 200Tdi and gearbox.

She runs very sweetly. Just the usual niggles with interior trim (always amazed by how shoddy trim of this era is!) and a few poorly fitting panels. Running gear is all in good order which is good as it's to be a daily driver.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 19.54.04.jpg

·
Registered
359 Posts
It'd be interesting to see if it had the 4.2 diesel from a Patrol, those are sweet engines.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ardennes is the best colour by far! Nice one Sir.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I waved a fond farewell to the Discovery 3 (LR3) TDV6 manual today that I have owned for 8 years and - its been a great car and it's been a reliable (yes really) and adaptable workhorse in that time.

BUT.....driving the RRC is so much more engaging and entertaining, the 200 Tdi pulls like a train in almost any gear and there is just no substitute for that driving position! What's more I have re-discovered the simplicity of a real handbrake! It's also quite nice to have left behind the anxiety of lifting a 3,200kg monster when I need to change a wheel or change brake pads!

The RRC feels special!

fullsizeoutput_101d.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after nearly two weeks of ownership and 1,000 miles covered all is well. What's more with a mix of driving from short trips up Pennine hills, city centre and 70 mph motorway trips my Road Trip app tells me that she's doing an amazing 35.3 mpg. The 200Tdi is running sweetly.

The only issues with it are in the trim department with fragile plastics. Currently glueing with Araldite the front door opening trim plastic.

View attachment -1-3.jpg View attachment -1-2.jpg

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
My bright green Rangie is a 200tdi and it is the mist reliable engine you can imagine. Also you can get original parts for this combination without problems.
Now you might understand why I spent 6000 euro to send her to Costa Rica and import her.
I had at least 10 offers for her and the answer is no.
Keep her by all means

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts