RangeRovers.net Forum banner

61 - 80 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
BR - I looked into this. The problem with steel wheels is twofold.
First, according to everyone that I spoke with, nobody makes an 18". Second, the offset is way off. The 'lug mounting plane' is usually recessed quite a bit from the face of the wheel. That creates an interference with the caliper. I'd LOVE to find a steel wheel that would fit... but no luck so far.

·
Registered
95 Posts
thank you EVERYBODY for the compliments :!: :!: .
i will be heading to the beach this weekend and test them out.
i will report back with some info and pictures once i get back.

umbertob
you were right, less than 24 hours after i had them installed i already had people ask about the tires and how good it looked
8)

thanks again ALL

·
Registered
284 Posts
anybody here test fit the 285/50/20 yet?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I fiqure if they'll fit on a RRS they'll fit on my P38 . After driving around on mud terrain tires for the last 2 Months I think I'm done with it, there just horrible on gas milage , acceleration and handling . Need to be my off road only set

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Hey Hey Hey!!!

Looking good! That path looks familiar!

I have to admit, the powder coating/black thing seems to be working well with the Vesuvius!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Drevs said:
umbertob said:
Drevs, you out there man?
Holla!

**** man you're driving around in my dream car exact color , rims , tires everything . I'm jealous haha the P38 will have to do for now

are those the 285/50/20 size?

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys!
What an ordeal this has been, but I think it turned out really well. The 20"/LTZ combo looks fantastic; time will tell how durable it is offroad.
Paul- Maybe this looks familiar too? Notice my neighbor in the background... they're making some headway! I'm not even done with the architectural stuff yet.

Jimballz - Yeah, 285/50-20 Cooper LTZ. Not sure where you're from, but you'll have to make the next group run. Take her for a spin!

DJ - Yup, factory 20's. I've got the 22" replicas for the street... But since getting my new 20" setup, I've yet to put my 22's back on. There is a PHX LR club run coming up in 2 weeks, so I'll probably just leave the 20's on until that. I really like being able to pop curbs and whatnot! :mrgreen:

Later tonight I'll post an FYI thread with some more pics.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Oh...very nice!!! I love the tread pattern on those tires...looks like some sort of pre-historic dinosaur scales!

Your neighbors are going to be jealous! You won't even need a driveway anymore in your architectural plans!!! :D :D Just some rock climbing over that little section there...Tires look really great, nice articulation!

More pictures!

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Haha, thanks!

Yeah, crazy as it sounds... I *am* actually designing in a rock wall driveway section. Crazy steep, just like the test track at the dealership. It'll look like some cosmetic landscaping wall, until I use it to scare unsuspecting passengers!

Umberto... already have a 5th Stormer enroute. Think it'll fit underneath?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Drevs said:
Think it'll fit underneath?
With that monster rubber on? My bet is that it'll be at least as tight a fit as my 285/60/18, meaning you may have to remove the heat shield behind the exhaust and leave the spare tire almost totally deflated to get it to winch up there. But it should fit, hanging out just a tad more than the stocker you have now.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Drevs said:
Jimballz - Yeah, 285/50-20 Cooper LTZ. Not sure where you're from, but you'll have to make the next group run. Take her for a spin!
I'm in Denver, Colorado, but if we ever do run into each other I'll take you up on that offer .. Looks great thou, next upgrade for my P38

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a recommendation for a good all weather tire for a RRSport SC w/ the Brembo/stormers on it?
I read the posts here and redmann runs these Cooper 275/45/20. Looks a little aggressive like it might make some noise or vibrate at freeway speeds?? not sure.

I'm looking for something all year round in northern CA where we get a heavy rainy season from Jan - March and I use the car mostly for lake tahoe with limited if any off road use. Although I'm thinking of Sierra off road tour this summer near lake Tahoe.

Looking for a profile that wont hose up my speedometer.
Maybe something available from the tire rack? www.tirerack.com

I buy my sport car tires there and have been happy.

Not sure what comes on the car from the factory I bought mine used. Heard there were problems with some of the factory provided rubber vibrating at high speeds.

MR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe some of these???

Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow 275/40/R20
Continental ContiCrossContact Winter
Michelin Latitude Tour HP

The RangRover.net site lists these as options but most don't appear to be all season or snow rated tires?
275/40R20:
(Stock size for Supercharged models)
Continental 4X4 SportContact
Dunlop Grandtrek PT9000
Hankook Ventus RH06
Michelin 4X4 Diamaris
Pirelli PZero Rosso Assimetrico
Toyo Proxes S/T
Toyo Proxes 4
Yokohama ADVAN ST

61 - 80 of 132 Posts