RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am, gonna buy 2009 3.6 TDV8 HST Range Rover Sport. please give your suggestions and Ideas what are all the things need to check.
Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ask over on https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/ as they are familiar with LR diesels and this site being a US site saw few if any diesels but they can provide great feedback on no engine related points that apply to all vehicles.

I got the TDV6 and would love a TDV8 so my knowledge is limited - so as far as the TDV8 engine is concerned they do have an issue with oil building up in the turbos leading to turbo failure - there was a tech bulletin and a mod so ask about this on the UK site. Basically I think it is a drain to drain the oil back to the sump.

More generally - check if the gearbox has been serviced and the plastic sump on it changed to a metal one. Check the operation of the air compressor and check which compressor it has (Hitachi is older and the AMK is newer) - both are as good as each other but the AMK became standard at about the time your car was built.

The front lower suspension arms fail early resulting in a clunker of a vehicle (like mine) - other than that the vehicles are pretty reliable and other things are "routine" service issues with failures hit and miss depending on usage and circumstance.

Garry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts