RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been chasing this issue for about 2 months now and have done a lot of research as to what the issue could be. As of now, I at least wanted to get other people's opinions on if I'm heading in the right direction.

I think the easiest thing is to simply describe my symptoms:

Exterior turn signals work fine, but no signal indicator or clicking noise occurs from the instrument pack
No instrument pack warning messages ever displayed
Fog light and main beam indicator lights on the instrument pack do not work
Reverse lights do not work
Seat belt buckle/unbuckle indicator on instrument pack does not work
iBus fault from instrument pack with Allcoms
No communication with LCM with Allcoms

I thought it was the light control module initially and have already replaced it with no affect. I just wanted to get another opinion before I purchase a new (used) instrument cluster, as they are a bit more pricey for a nice one. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
I bus gets tricky to diagnose, as it goes to so much stuff. I have seen several things bring it down, and the easiest way to figure it out is to disconnect things.

Order I would start with, based both on common issues and ease of access.

PDC module in the RH rear
Both headlights
All the radio equipment in the LH rear, including big white connector towards the spare tire, if anything is plugged into it
Clockspring
Then you're looking at nav screen, CD changer, or IP itself

With all that stuff, minus LCM and IP disconnected, and still no indicators on the dash, you will need to check the wiring. I wouldn't really start with doing this, as any of the modules can cause erroneous readings on the harness.

I have seen the IP do this, but I have seen more issues with PDC and radio equipment. Start there.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
47 Posts
Everything on the iBus can bring it down so just unplug every item one by one and see which one is killing the iBus, like Roverguy said. Don't forget the telephone, tv-module etc which I guess also is connected to iBus.

I got this problem when connecting an iBus reader that you hook up to the pc. If the pc wasn't connected the device killed the iBus.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, I will check what you guys mentioned. Perhaps I should mention that the radio, nav display (kept the nav computer though), and CD changer have all already been removed. I wonder if having the nav computer without the display would create such an error? I'll definitely start doing some more poking around in the rear cargo area. I know the amplifiers (Logic 7 system) don't have any iBus inputs, so I think the only thing in the LH rear that is still connected to the iBus is the nav computer. I'll have to check that PDC.

I have checked the iBus wiring from the dash, and followed it from both IP and nav display connectors down the center console, under the driver's seat and towards the rear near the subwoofers. Wire looks like it's in good shape, not tampered with or dried out or anything.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
Got everything figured out and working again! Seems that having the nav computer hooked up in the boot while having the nav display up front removed was the causing an I bus fault as you guys thought. Pretty crazy the number of other systems that were affected. The wisdom on this forum is truly priceless. Thank you guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts