RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone. anyone here knows their rovers well to help?
have an 08 rover full size NON supercharged. that i have replaced (same 08 model parts) the ignition with key, main ecm, the security module.
car will not even turn over with key, but will crank by relay however will not start.
yes i have mated the key and all functions work, no security lights flashing.
i have heard conflicting info regarding the tranny module and valve body being vin specific... need 100% answer regarding this. also what needs to be done to mate the current module/valvebody that is in the car to the electronics already installed.
if anyone in the DFW can help with programming or setting this truck up let me know how much$ and when...sooner the better.
thanks a bunch guys/gals.
roma

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,134 Posts
Did you use new or used parts for the controllers. Used controllers will always contain the original vehicles VIN and I don't think they can be cleared. The instrument panel controller is also keyed to the VIN, so you may have several mismatched VIN modules which won't allow the car to start or run. If the part are new I have no idea. You can't mate the key to the security system without some specialized LR software, all you can do is mate the key to the door locks, big difference.

Why were all those modules replaced?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts