RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I cracked the nav screen on my 2006 RRSSC and need it repaired or buy a replacement. Touchscreen glass is cracked but looks like no damage to the display.

I saw one on fleabay but its for a 2008. Will it fit my 2006?

(MAJOR DOH! - I was loading my RRSSC carefully with some 2x4s and rammed a staple into it. should have gone home to get the Z71 to carry the wood but was being lazy)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Umbertob!

Any idea where I can get it cheaper than $1600.00 (ouch 8-0= ) or get it repaired?

Thanks!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I don't know whether a touchscreen can be repaired and hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in with an opinion, but $1600 sounds close to what you'd pay for a new monitor from an authorized dealer down the street. Unless you are in a hurry, wait for a better deal to come along - on eBay these displays pop up every now and then and sell for $500 or so - or check with local junk yards, you never know. Since the same monitor is also used on LR3s, it should not be that hard to find one, new or used, at a good price with a bit of patience. Search part #s YIE500082, YIE500090 or YIE500190. Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone have any ideas before I plunk down $1600.00 for a new one?

I would like to get a used one or get it repaired

Sincerest thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
I've seen somewhere, where the screen is left as is, but an in dash receiver is put in place of the audio controls (something like this http://www.crutchfield.com/s_130AVIC920 ... 0217&avf=N). This allows you to add you own AGW and better sound based on what you install and allows you to control more things and watch DVD on the move etc and possibly live traffic feeds. May be able to get all this for $1600 or less.

You will have to reroute the existing controls to your cargo\trunk area, as there will be more issues. I believe someone in the UK forums has done a similar set up, not sure of the components, but something I would do instead of replacing it with a blah looking LR\RR system.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys !

Frisco_TX_RRS - I dont want to replace the factory HK system as it sounds great and is connected to the NAV,DVD, and headrest screens. Plus the mods to the truck you have to make are outrageous. (I used to install high end systems in cars,boats, etc and hated working on Rovers) I want to keep it factory to retain its resale value.

Gooseyloosey - tried many junkyards but will search more before I give up and go to the stealership.

Umbertob - Thanks for your help! I will look for a unit out of the LR3

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
nvr_home said:
Gooseyloosey - tried many junkyards but will search more before I give up and go to the stealership.
Maybe try calling these guys, not RR specific but they have a nationwide network...
http://www.lkqcorp.com/home/home.asp

Good luck.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Called my local dealer to ensure it was compatible and purchased one off of fleabay in the US. Didnt want to go the UK route as that one looked beat down.

Will be here by the 29th.

Now on to the installation............ Is it going to be straighforward i.e. pulling a few panels? Or is it major surgery?

Thanks for all of the help guys! :mrgreen:

BTW: Local LR Stealer said a remanufactured unit was $2400 and new was $3061!!! OUCH :shock:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Umbertob! :clap:

Looks fairly easy besides dealing with that fiber optic cable.

Will let you know if it works on the 29th

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installation was a breeze and its working fine. (Thanks Umbertob!!) I did notice a difference in the new Nav screens operation, it seems to have updated software compared to my original and has a later build serial number. When playing DVDs it says L7 Harmon Kardon and my left rear headrest DVD screen isnt turning on. Any ideas?

Thanks!

D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
It's not turning on at all (even if using the RSE remote) or only when you try using the touchscreen? Try recalibrating the monitor, I think there is a calibration routine in the "hidden" service menu.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts