RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2007 RRS supercharged. My lease ends Aug 2010.

I currently have 26,000 miles on it and i've noticed that the factory continentals are getting really worn down.

here are my questions:

1) 26,000 miles on the continentals - is this average wear?

2) I don't want to buy new tires and have them on for less than a year, but I think I will have trouble finding a nice "used" set in my size 275/40/20. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

3) If I have to buy new tires, I will probably buy some toyo proxes st 2's. I found them priced at 160 per tire. Is this a good deal?

4) Would a 295/40/20 tire look better and fit? If so, would the dealership take the car back w/ different sized tires?

I know this is a lot of questions so any input or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am pretty sure at lease end...Original equipment must be put back on the vehicle, if your tires are gone your gonna have to replace them with new ones when you turn it in..

·
Registered
79 Posts
jcryu said:
Hello,

I have a 2007 RRS supercharged. My lease ends Aug 2010.

I currently have 26,000 miles on it and i've noticed that the factory continentals are getting really worn down.

here are my questions:

1) 26,000 miles on the continentals - is this average wear?

2) I don't want to buy new tires and have them on for less than a year, but I think I will have trouble finding a nice "used" set in my size 275/40/20. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

3) If I have to buy new tires, I will probably buy some toyo proxes st 2's. I found them priced at 160 per tire. Is this a good deal?

4) Would a 295/40/20 tire look better and fit? If so, would the dealership take the car back w/ different sized tires?

I know this is a lot of questions so any input or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
I'm sure there are plenty of used tires on ebay... might be a good idea since your lease is ending...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mista.

I think one of the next scribes mentioned Toyo do their 'ST' in a 265/50R20 fitment which might be a compromise solution ? ?

This could prove less expensive, as the higher aspect ratio normally means a less technical product, i.e. lower entry price too.

My concerns always rest if I was to sell this beast would it be in as safe a condition for 1 of my family member to buy and drive, as this is a 5000+ pound piece of metal rolling along the road with 400 horsepower under foot and let's not talk tyre blow-outs !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm not sure if it's just with Infiniti, but when I returned my lease on my G35, I returned it with Falken's, not the OEM Bridgestone's that it came with. You could ask your dealership on their policy and how strict they are about it. I believe as long as the tire profile matched the OEM, everything was okay.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
272 Posts
As long as you return the vehicle with LRNA approved tires you should be fine. Meaning as long as the size, Speed rating and load index are within their approved parameters you should be OK. For example, I returned my LR3 with Yoko A\T-S tires 265\60-18 with a LI of 110. Not OE specs, but within the approved parameters. Dealer was happy to have these tires over the OE Wranglers when I returned it.

However, when I returned my Porsche Cayman, it had to have "N-spec" tires in the exact size and speed rating as the OE's. So I went onto tirerack and got the cheapest ones listed. Got lucky as they were having a sale on a discontinued line of Conti's.

Advice, talk to the dealer you will be returning the vehicle too and LR Finance. You may get lucky and the dealer may have some take-off tires...

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Its an not odd sized tire but call around to the tireshops to see if they have used tires in this size - some of the tireshops sell tires with thread in them to other used tire shops.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the help and suggestions!

So far I have had no luck on ebay or local tire shops for a used set. The size is not too popular and I need to get a tire with enough tred left where I can drive it for another 10 months and know for a fact that when I return my lease there is enough tred that would not require me to get new tires at the time of return.

The best deal I have found for a set of Toyo Proxes st 2's: $170 per tire mounted and balanced.....I may have to go that route...all the other tires seem to be much more - Continentals for $300 a piece!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts