RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought my 2013 sport for 30k maintenance, and I was told I need new side steps because they were showing signs of rust, quote was $1721! Is that too high of a price? I thought I spent around $900 when I purchased the car new!! Any help will be appreciated, thanks guys.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just brought my 2013 sport for 30k maintenance, and I was told I need new side steps because they were showing signs of rust, quote was $1721! Is that too high of a price? I thought I spent around $900 when I purchased the car new!! Any help will be appreciated, thanks guys.
Personally, I’d just remove them. They date the car. But, if you like them I would try and find an Indy or order them on LR Direct and install them yourself!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I gave a new set to my neighbor to sell. I think he is asking 200$ and im sure he would ship them for whatever the shipping costs.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I decided to remove them.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Okay folks I knew this was going to turn into a classified advert. Please folks start using the PM function.

So zero1 started this thread looking for replacements, then decided to just to just remove them.

Special Ed gave a set to his neighbor to sell... and "thinks" the neighbor is asking $200. As shipping they will have to be separated with card board and packaged well. Any carrier is going to need weight of course. The four major carriers; UPS, FEDEX, USPS, and DHL, will need to know all dimensions of the final package in case they have an oversize fee. Now Special Ed lives east of Huntington Beach and O-Town lives on the East side of Florida, about in the the middle of the dangly part of the state. So coast to coast appx 2700 miles. Don't dismiss FEDEX ground or freight services due to excellent tracking. You will know each time the package changes trucks at a FEDEX hub. You don't get that USPS it just says "in transit" until it gets somewhat local to delivery then the USPS partnership with FEDEX kicks in and FEDEX delivers it anyway, but it does take a day hold up to do the transfer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts