RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After three years, I think I want to replace my shifter knob. It's really beginning to show wear. Mostly scratches and from where I have no clue. But that is some soft metal they use. I imagine it's from my wife's ring! :lol:

Where do y'all recommend getting one from and does anyone know how to remove the current one? I imagine there must be a screw or something in it.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,469 Posts
You're referring to your RRS shift knob, not the LR3 one right?

The RRS shift knob pulls right out vertically, but takes a bit of effort, no screws or other fasteners to release before it comes out. You have to pull straight up, be careful not to hit yourself in the face with your hand when it releases.

I've seen a few on Ebay, but if you wanted to upgrade and get a nice wooden version, try APSIS Usa, they make great products.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
The RRS shift knob pulls right out vertically, but takes a bit of effort, no screws or other fasteners to release before it comes out. You have to pull straight up, be careful not to hit yourself in the face with your hand when it releases.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Exactly! Very real possibility of that happening the fi(r)st time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy crap those aren't cheap! $500 for an OEM shifter knob! Ebay wasn't too much better right now. Guess I'll just keep lookin until the right opportunity presents itself.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Call them and ask for Jersey...use my name as a referral...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Do you want an original one? I might be able to source one for you...if you don't want the wood one.

Let me know what's your budget...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I was looking for an original to replace what I have (not wood). Not so much a budget, just wan't expecting to pay THAT much for one. I think $500 is a little over the top. I can see that kind of price for a nice piece of wood however. I think there are better deals out there for one. Let me know if you come across one. Thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Sean,

Found a better deal than above...sent you PM.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Shifter knob worn out - is there a Freudian theory to playing with the shifter so much while driving :)

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,469 Posts
Check your PM Sean...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts