RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had the truck in the shop and the tech said i need new front brake pads and rotors, I dont think the rotors have been turned so how could they be worn down? im planning to sell the truck soon so i dont want to drop alot on brakes and rotors, where can i get them for the best price?

Thanks guys.. :thumb:

G

·
0 Posts
You're planning on selling your RR and you ask us for advice to help you do that! Man, you must be off your rocker... :roll:

Seriously though, what makes you think they haven't been turned down before (how long have you had the vehicle, did you do a brake change on it), and really what does that matter? Rotors and pads will both wear as part of normal usage and there is a minimum thickness for rotors (not sure what it is, you'll need to check RAVE). If the rotors are below this limit or badly scored, you'll need to change the rotors. When you do that, pads (in pairs / axle) are also a must. If they are badly scored or you have uneven pad wear, check out your caliper sliding pins. If none of that makes sense to you, give it back to your tech with whatever $ he asks for, as you're not qualified to work on brakes and this is an area that I always maintain shouldn't be played around with by amateurs (no matter how enthusiastic)

If your rotors aren't that bad, you may be ok with just changing the pads, but I would guess not if your mechanic is reputable. Again, only you know if this is within your capability.
Any of the usual haunts (atlantic British etc) will be able to hook you up, and you can always check the main page on the site for guidance. But I'm sure you already checked there, right?? :snooty:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts