RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone either fix the frontpage FAQ link for '18" tires on Supercharged part 1, part 2' or post it here. I'm trying to search first, but the links go to wiring posts.

I have a 2012 RRS SC and just bought some used LR3 18" rims. I didn't realize I probably have Brembo brakes and they won't fit. My rim should be 9.5Jx20 ET53. The LR3 rim is 8Jx18 ET53. If they both have a 53 offset, why wouldn't they fit?

I'm quite interested in seeing the previous posts to see what my off road tire options are. Thanks.

I think the simple answer is a 19x9 OEM is the smallest rim that will fit a 2012 RRS SC.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
352 Posts
Hi. Because backside of spokes may not be designed to clear the Brembos.
I, once, bought 20" rims from 2010 full size RR and while they, obviously fit over the caliper, spokes jammed up and locked up on caliper from the side.
I think it is not a rim diameter or offset issue but rather how back of a spokes designed to give proper clearance for gigantic brembo calipers. Proper offset will only keep tire track width where it needs to be without guaratnteeing that you'd clear the caliper, I think.
As per your post, you do not yet know if they will fit or not. Can you try and make sure there is actually am issue to worry about. And if there is, is it due to smaller rim diameter or spokes hit the caliper like in my case?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
35 Posts
Can someone either fix the frontpage FAQ link for '18" tires on Supercharged part 1, part 2' or post it here. I'm trying to search first, but the links go to wiring posts.

I have a 2012 RRS SC and just bought some used LR3 18" rims. I didn't realize I probably have Brembo brakes and they won't fit. My rim should be 9.5Jx20 ET53. The LR3 rim is 8Jx18 ET53. If they both have a 53 offset, why wouldn't they fit?

I'm quite interested in seeing the previous posts to see what my off road tire options are. Thanks.

I think the simple answer is a 19x9 OEM is the smallest rim that will fit a 2012 RRS SC.
Huh? You answered your own question. The calipers are too large to fit inside of 18" barrels, they're too large even to fit inside of 19" barrels without modification. See my post on fitting 19s. Your options are to either downgrade the front brakes to HSE ones, or buy 20s, or even larger (don't do this).

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,458 Posts

These are your options for 18 inch wheels to clear Brembo's or the later model RRS non S/C models as well, up to 2013 at least. Call the link to triple check fitment, but with the removal of the phonic damper block as indicated on the website, you should be able to fit these 18's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts