RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to tighten the screws on my subwoofer (2003 model)

i got maybe75% of the panel removed which hides the woofer and then hit a wall - cant figure out how to remove that **** panel

anyone have instructions to take it out ? thanks

·
Registered
300 Posts
Re: need instructions for removal of panel to access subwoofer

you have to remove plastic trim on the top by the winder, there are a couple screws.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts

To remove the D pillar trim:

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

okay, im still a bit lost and unfortunatley cant read a diagram to save my life

anyway, lets see if i can describe what i did and where i got stuck

here's what i removed

the first panel which hides the nav (no brainer)
lift the spare wheel compartment up
remove little black plastic gromet from floor of second panel (the subject panel)
remove two little grey plastic clips (they look like they hold a cargo net in place)
remove the metal bracket thing from the floor which holds the panel down
remove a piece of plastic from top of trim near the window - which exposes 2 torx screws
remove those 2 torx screws and removed the metal clip that they held in place (the clip keeps the cargo cover thing in place)

basically at this point, the subject panel is free from the bottom -- but is stuck in place up top near the window -- i think i need to remove the leather panel that is next to the rear seats (i.e, the leather panel if you open your rear door and look to the left - holds the seat belt in place) -- but not sure how to do that

either that, or i need to completely remove the plastic trim pieces from the upper edge of the rear compartment

am i making any sense or do i need to take photos ?

i have a feeling i have 75% of it removed - but am missing some steps

·
Registered
237 Posts

As you can see from the scheme, to remove the leather covered lower trim, you need to remove first the upper plastic trim and so to expose the two screws that secure the upper part of the lower trim.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

adara said:
As you can see from the scheme, to remove the leather covered lower trim, you need to remove first the upper plastic trim and so to expose the two screws that secure the upper part of the lower trim.
i think this is the part im stuck at - but i still dont see how to remove the upper plastic trim to expose the two screws that secure the upper part of the lower trim

im looking at the diagram and im just lost :crybaby2:

·
Registered
237 Posts

From picture 4 you can see that you have to pull hard from the upper part of the plastic upper trim where there is a plastic clip that has to get loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts