RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay the wheels we got for the range didn't work... Now I'm looking into the Redbourne Marques... Anyone have any input pleasE?!?!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
teekay1 said:
Okay the wheels we got for the range didn't work... Now I'm looking into the Redbourne Marques... Anyone have any input pleasE?!?!
What wheels?, why didn't they fit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THEY WERE THE LORENZO WL27S THEY MADE A SPACER SO THEY WOULD FIT UP FRONT NOTHING WAS GOING RIGHT SO WE SENT EM BACK LOOKING INTO THE MARQUES' NOW

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I actually think it was a blessing in disguise...and not that it was asked for, but IMO those wheels looked like crap, and if you need spacers its double crap. You need to stick with the tried and true wheel designs on this car. There are plenty of examples in the pictures thread.

By the way, does mom know you're doing this to her car?

·
Registered
171 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
I actually think it was a blessing in disguise...and not that it was asked for, but IMO those wheels looked like crap.
I agree. Just keep the factory 20's--they look much better than any after market wheel.

If you are selling the factory 20's, I would be interested.

·
Registered
670 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
I actually think it was a blessing in disguise...and not that it was asked for, but IMO those wheels looked like crap, and if you need spacers its double crap. You need to stick with the tried and true wheel designs on this car. There are plenty of examples in the pictures thread.

By the way, does mom know you're doing this to her car?

No doubt, We know you're mom's lil' cherub and all but don't be tramp-stamping her ride with al sort of ill-advised mods.
Unless of course you're like in some kind of advance program at RIT or ArtCenter in which case show your mom a couple of comps before you go all knarly on wheel selection.
The Lorenzo's looked like Camaro wheels, we all don't want mom's rig looking like a Camaro now, do we?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay okay sorry guys but we are going with wheels that are meant for the range rover now and I'm guessing you guys all agree with...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Good advice from the rest of the guys here...those wheels did not the fit the RRS at all..with or without spacers.

The Redbournes are a good quality wheel )same lug nuts as well is an advantage, I have been running the Dukes for several years now and i do like these new ones you have posted...they almost look like the stormers ' i am quite tempted to change mine now. The original ones are also quite nice.

Sorry for the poor typing here...having a hard time finding all the right Shift + keys...on an Italian keyboard at the moment in the town of Viareggio (Tuscan coast) while following Bob Dylan around for a few concerts.

Have fun guys...keep RR.net running and active!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Tk.

Personal suggestion only but those replacement rims look like a ******* to keep clean on your mum's suburban ! Do they come in a 22" fitment as well as a 20" ?

The larger wheels make it a lot easier to get a chamois into all those nooks and crevices behind the brake discs/calipers and helps keep them shining like new.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Sorry for the poor typing here...having a hard time finding all the right Shift + keys...on an Italian keyboard at the moment in the town of Viareggio (Tuscan coast) while following Bob Dylan around for a few concerts.

Have fun guys...keep RR.net running and active!!!
Buon giorno Paul! I've just decided that if Shirley McLaine is right, in my next life I want to come back as you.

Enjoy the trip (literally and figuratively) and I'll beat 3E to this request, post some pictures when you get back. :thumb:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
vinniman we are getting the 22x9.5's all the way around... wheels are a week and a half out right now...

·
Registered
670 Posts
teekay1 said:
okay okay sorry guys but we are going with wheels that are meant for the range rover now and I'm guessing you guys all agree with...

Now teekay, that's much better; you had me worried there for a while with those Lorenzo wheels where everyone would have thought mom was a tranny with money. 8-0=

Kiddin' of course but bro, Lorenzo's? common' :lol:

Post pics once is done, school me, cause I might go that route with my wheels. Also, have mom post what she thinks, she's lucky to have her boy making it all work. Good fer ya.

Rafa

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
will do rafa... I like these aloooot better and I get them for the same price as the lorenzos! I think they r still a week or so out... and deff pics asap! and no pics with suspension in offroad mode!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts