RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to run my range into a lake, only if I could. The anti-theft system is horrible and I cant go anywhere without the fear of it locking me out.

Especially in the heat, the doors just lock/super lock themselves, locking me out and imobolizing the engine.

My key fob is nearing the end of its life and it is unreliabe. I dont need to and I dont care to lock my doors, and never do in fear they wont unlock, but my car likes to just lock itself anyway, leaving me stranded.

I have tried the eka procedure, but I never get it to work. Does anyone know why sometimes the the lights on the side blink 3 times and sometimes once. While I attempt the procedure, it just seems like the back doors just supper supper lock in the middle of the procedure and I cant unlock the rear doors.

Does anyone have a remidie to this. I dont care about locking/unlocking. Is there a fuse I can pull that will never allow my doors to lock/alarm to be activated?

And nowhere in the EKA procedure or anywhere on the repair site do I see this, but when I get locked out, and leave my car for 5-10 hours, it seems that all I do is press the remote lock/unlock, them mannually unlock and the Central door locks work, and my remote syncs right up?

Any reason for that, and anyway to do this without waiting for 5-10 hours?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
No sweat, find an indie in your area and have your alarm and immobilizer deactivated. As far as your locks go, it sounds like you have a latch going south.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea how much that might cost?

And if I did do it, that would solve my problem of being imobillized over and over?

How would that effect my doors locking/unlocking themselves.

Also, is there anyway to tell which latch is going out? The vehicle was hit on the drivers side, so I assume its that side. would it automatically be the front drivers side door?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
another question. I have all 3 sets of keys. The main key fob works but sparatically, the other one does not and I have the spare mechanical key.

If I just carry around the mechanical key and lock the doors with it before my car locks itself, in theory should I be able to use it to unlock as well. The key to this questions is even when the doors are locked, the malfuntioning CDL system locks and locks and locks itslef.

I guess Im asking if I should go ahead and just lock it everytime with the mechanical key so the car senses I used that? The CDL system works, it just goes into super-lock mode.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
It's a very good anti-theft system. You'll find it is very difficult to steal one of these Rangies.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
It's maybe good when it works but can let us stranded if it goes bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts