RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK im installing a LOC onto my friends stock radio! I need to figure out which wires which, YES actually i have tried to use the search button a couple times but i still am unable to get it. The whole "rave" thing ive already tried that and still i have had no luck, if anyone here is willing to help me out i would appreciate it very much, Thankyou.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A LOC is a unit u use so that u can hook up aftermarket amps to stock radios. I only need to know what rear left +- and rear right +- is.

·
Registered
401 Posts
its a line out whateveritisyoudon'tneedit.
I think what you are trying to do is install subs which has been covered by me a few times and others as well.
Try searching with keywords like 'subwoofer install'.
Post pics so i can make fun of you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
right.... guess i could have put that in a public account.
that made me laugh.
but thats besides the point.
subwoofers right?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Joel

You need to look for a connector in the left of the trunk under the stock sub (assuming there is one) If not i can't help much other than to tell you to get a aftermarket deck.

The orange and orange/black wires are your signal. The Grey/Black wire is your remote signal for the Amp.
TEST THEM FIRST!!!!
THEN, Cut both Orange wires and the Grey/Black.
post when you have that done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes i see the orange and orange/black wires. And for a remote i already have one installed, so im just trying to install the left and right signal. What i dont understand is how did u use those 2 wires to go to your amp.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
joeskey said:
OK im installing a LOC onto my friends stock radio! I need to figure out which wires which, YES actually i have tried to use the search button a couple times but i still am unable to get it. The whole "rave" thing ive already tried that and still i have had no luck, if anyone here is willing to help me out i would appreciate it very much, Thankyou.
Which radio>?

The pinouts are shown in the RAVE CD - see the Electronic Trouble-shooting manual.

If it's the Clarion, do a search for my thread for the link to the circuit diagram which I posted.

·
Registered
401 Posts
you need a amp with speaker level inputs or you can use a line out converter which then connects to rca's

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my amp has it so that u do a rca connect, I was trying to use the loc but i dont know which wires are what so i cant install it into the car, Also the "rave" cd, i was having trouble trying to download it, so im sitll stuck guys

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
joeskey said:
my amp has it so that u do a rca connect, I was trying to use the loc but i dont know which wires are what so i cant install it into the car, Also the "rave" cd, i was having trouble trying to download it, so im sitll stuck guys
Again, which radio, Clarion or Alpine?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still havent been able to find a speaker diagram, still cant download the "rave" thing? dammmnit lol

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
joeskey said:
Still havent been able to find a speaker diagram, still cant download the "rave" thing? dammmnit lol
joeskey said:
thanks for the help :roll:
? RAVE and where to get it and how to download it is very heavily discusses here. Google is also a wonderful thing. Once you downlaod RAVE from the internet you will have everything you need for diagrams, schematics and pinouts for factory connectors.

·
Registered
401 Posts
you're welcome... newb :roll:
I'm a real nice guy in person but this lcd is mighty armour.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its just difficult cuz in my first post i said this isnt my car, its actually a friends car that im doing a build on, also the fog lights recommended didn't work i had to custom fit em.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
:think: I am pretty sure the diagrams and other information would have been the same if it were your own rig.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts