RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2008 range rover supercharged and I have a musty smell I can't get rid of. I noticed their is a cigarette burn on the drivers side carpet so I am assuming smoking was involved in this. I have tried everything from weekend long ionizer treatments to many different fresheners, but all it does is mask the smell a little. Does anyone know where I can buy OEM range rover molded carpet?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I looked at several 5-6 year old rovers that had a musty smell and they all had the same funky smell. I think it's something with the A/C. Take your cabin filter out and see if it smells. If so you may want to run some Lysol through the ducts from the fresh air intake, febreeze the heck out of the carpet, and then leave the sunroof or windows at least cracked open for several days. Maybe even park it in the sun for a day with the doors open.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it's that bad then remove the carpets and jet wash them. Once fully dry put them back in. Bit of a work up but it should fix the problem.......Also, if there is an underlying leak or cause of dampness then you're likely to find it once the carpets come out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh....and check the boot......the tailgates often leak so that might be damp and horrible.....look for condensation in the spare wheel well.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
241 Posts
Taking out the front carpet involves both seats (easy) the center console and the bottom half of the dash and the heater/Aircon unit.... It's one piece and put in just after they painted the shell..... It's also backed with foam about 6inches thick in places.... Pull off the alloy door plate and feel under the carpet, if it's damp then get your spanners out because it's a lot of work to get it out to dry it..... It's so thick it will never dry on its own....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought some Ozium and sprayed the interior several time a day for a week and also sprayed in the clean air intake, but it just comes back after a day. Im wondering if lysol work better with the ducts. I have only had the vehicle a couple of months and have noticed no water leaks or wet areas of carpet. I guess I will just keep spraying the crap out of it for a few months. Thank for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts