RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i was replacing the control arm bushings and lower ball joint. Had the front end of the car on jack stands with the front suspension fully extended. After removing the control arm and disconnecting the height sensor, i noticed the back end fully compressed and on the bump stops. I must have hit the limit of the height sensor as i was moving it out of the way. Did not disconnect the battery :( i know i should have before doing any work.

Is there anything i can do to prevent it from going into hard fault at this point now the the suspension fully deflated? I have not lowered the front end but i have a feeling its going to be on the bump stop too just like the rear. Im worried to start the vehicle and see the dreaded 'suspension inactive message". I use to have a P38 and jacking up the car slightly usually helps. Not sure what to do with the L322. Its an 06 HSE.

Help? :pray:

·
Registered
300 Posts
try unhooking the battery, then hook it up again and that may fix it.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
You can try the old keep a door open trick to prevent the EAS computer from adjusting the suspension while the compressor is charging up the resovior. Although as with the P38a, once a fault with the EAS height sensors is triggered, there is not much keeping it from triggering a fault.

If you actually log a full EAS Fault condition, email me and I can help;
http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=268&Itemid=77

Storey

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Whew it lifted right up. I set it down on the bumpstops and started the vehicle. Read an article that on the L322, once a component that caused a fault has been rectified, it could reset by itself unlike the P38.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts