RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping online to buy 2 set of letter “Range Rover” in gloss black that will fit the hood and trailgate of my 2017 RRS. I know I need the curved letters to match that of the OEM. Anyone have a recommendation or two?

( There are so many sellers and I am just plain getting confused. I guess the L494 and the current Evoque use the same lettering?)

Need input to keep my sanity on this matter! Otherwise, I going with the UK seller PowerfulUK!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
165 Posts
I drive a 2016 RRS and my wife drives a 2018 RRS and the lettering is identical on both of them. While the letters on the hood appear curved the back is actually flat and the face of the letters tapers. However, the back on the tailgate lettering definitely appears to be curved. Look at you're current lettering and see what you think.
Here's a set listed on eBay:

Here's another set on eBay for $11.95 but doesn't say it includes the template.

I also went on the PowerfulUK website and see that they are saying the back should be curved so I understand where you're coming from. They also say theirs are non-OEM so doesn't necessarily mean OEM are curved. That said, given the price there's no need to lose sleep over it. Buy a curved set from PowerfulUK for the tailgate. Without removing the backing on the tape, test fit the curved letters on the hood to see if they would lie flat. If not use them on the tailgate and buy a flat set from eBay for the hood.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
10 Posts
Hi all,
the picture of the letters shows them sat in the template... I have used powerfulUK and the parts are top quality and they usually post a youtube video of how to change the part you are buying.
Hair dryer and a lollipop stick will get the old letters off, clean the area with thinners and your ready to go..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After thinking about the options, I decide to take a chance and go with a “new” Amazon seller that list both hood and tailgate for $29! Listed June 20th, 2020! I am an Amazon Prime member and free shipping and returns if it does not fit too. It will come August 3rd since Amazon stock it in their warehouse. Usually 1-2 day delivery.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazon lettering came and I opened the package instantaneously. Found a matted letters(I ordered gloss) along with the letters were different in size and shape too. Ordered from PowerfulUK and cost including shipping to U.S., $77.00. Shipping was 9 pounds. Said it will take 3-5 weeks due to Corvid19 on the shipping order form webpage. This is same exact statement from the Chinese sellers on eBay but items are arriving in 10 days! Five weeks would be a NFL football already!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amazon lettering came and I opened the package instantaneously. Found a matted letters(I ordered gloss) along with the letters were different in size and shape too. Ordered from PowerfulUK and cost including shipping to U.S., $77.00. Shipping was 9 pounds. Said it will take 3-5 weeks due to Corvid19 on the shipping order form webpage. This is same exact statement from the Chinese sellers on eBay but items are arriving in 10 days! Five weeks would be a NFL football already!
Do you have any pics of the black lettering on your ride? I’m thinking about changing mine out but like the contract of sliver and black everywhere else

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
47 Posts
Highly recommend the textured 'SV autobiography" style front and rear decals from Supertweaks. I have a set on my Indus Silver truck and it looks great. Sometimes all-gloss black decals look cheap or contrast too heavily so these have more of a OEM-flair. From far away you get the blacked-out look and up-close, it has some silver contrast, doesn't look have the washed out look and looks OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts