RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I need some help confirming this picture.
So I was filling up my tank and as I pulled out the gas nozzle I hear this very distinctive metalic ping, like something broke. I look into the area where the nozzel goes into and I notice that the flapper isn't covering the hole completely. So my question is, is the flapper suppose to cover the hole completely, it has on all my other cars, but I never really paid attention to it on this one. notice the black area of the pic

Thanks in advance and sorry I didn't know the real name of the flapper piece.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Yours is having what is called an epiglotal spasm and yes, it should cover the hole completely. Its there as a precaution to prevent things like cigarette butts from accidentally falling into the gas tank, other than that it has no other purpose. Even if it fell into the gas tank, it should not cause a problem, but if you're under warranty have them fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help, yeah I was just having a big memory failure. My warranty ends in October, kinda debating wheter or not to buy the extended warranty as piece of mind. I just thought it was strange that it broke.

·
Registered
47 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
Yours is having what is called an epiglotal spasm

i must have missed that page in my manual. what page was that on again?

LP

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
other than that it has no other purpose.
Au contraire, mon amie de province du jardin. It does indeed have a purpose: preventing GERD.
/not a real doctor, but I play one on the internets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
WhiteRangie said:
I need some help confirming this picture.
So I was filling up my tank and as I pulled out the gas nozzle I hear this very distinctive metalic ping, like something broke. I look into the area where the nozzel goes into and I notice that the flapper isn't covering the hole completely. So my question is, is the flapper suppose to cover the hole completely, it has on all my other cars, but I never really paid attention to it on this one. notice the black area of the pic

Thanks in advance and sorry I didn't know the real name of the flapper piece.
WhiteRangie, is see the epiglotal spasm exactly the same on my new 09SRSC. Did you get it checked? Wondering if this is normal...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Interesting just took a look at mine and it is the same as yours slightly open. Wider if that is normal anyone have a picture of one full covered?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts