Range Rovers Forum banner

NEED HELP ASAP - How to manually disable the alarm system?

11K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rhino_ed 
#1 ·
So driving home tonight, right front door randomly starts to think it's open.

Got the error message, the error beep and dome lights come on. Instantly thought "it's probably the door latch" since I've already done the driver's side recently. Figured the rig just wants some attention, it's been at least a few weeks.

Anyway, locked her up and went to bed... until the alarm started going off.
Go out to the car and to find the dome lights on, car thinks someone opened the door even though it's still locked.

I've done a search, saw a few references to manually disabling the alarm system, but no instructions. The few posts that mention that instructions are usually pulled down, which I totally understand and appreciate.

If there's someone still up with knowledge of of how to disable the alarm, please PM the info ASAP.

Oh, and I've already hit up Scotty for the latch.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: NEED HELP ASAP - How to manually disable the alarm system?

Remove the door card and unplug the door lock mechanism.

#6 ·
Re: NEED HELP ASAP - How to manually disable the alarm system?

jpmarotta said:
rrtoadhall said:
Even easier, don;t arm it until you get the lock replaced.
Is it possible to lock the truck without arming the alarm?
No. If you keep locking the rig with a faulty lock you may end up with your BeCM in alarmed status and your rig will be useless. This will require removal of the BeCM and shipping it off to someone like Rick in the UK for reset/repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.