RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on replacing the ball-joint on my RRC a-frame. Besides the awkward position and many struggles, I managed to remove the rest of the a-frame and had to cut the nut off w/ my dremel. So basically, the ball-joint is stuck in its' mount and there is no tension on it (other than a few pounds from the loose self leveler). I can't for the life of me get it out. It's in such an awkard spot, I can get any leverage on it, and being 6 inches from the fuel tank rules out using a torch to heat it up.

Any and all suggestions to get this @#$%^%$# off are much appreciated!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
201 Posts
IT sounds like the a frame is still in the truck? When I removed mine I had a really hard time getting the nut to move. It took a lot of PB blaster. Once I got the nut loosened I put some blocks under the a frame and jacked it up a little and got a bigger hammer, came right out. It is nice to have a 2' pry bar when you put it back in. I also recommend chocking all the tires to keep it from moving. Mine moved a bit. It made a huge difference, I also replaced the upper bushings. You will need a shop press.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts