RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a vacant connector on the HK Logic 7 in my 2005. I think we should be able to fit an AUX input to the stereo using this connector. It is the top, gray/black colored, multi-pin connector, which probably fits either the DVD or TV unit, but I do not know. I have power connection plus two multi-pin connectors attached to mine.

If you have either the TV or DVD, tell me what is connected to the top connector (top on the left hand drive models) next to the dual fiber optic cable connection.) There is also a single fiber optic connector there, so let me know if you have a connector rather than a plug with an extended T-handle.

Once I get a working adapter, I'll let y'all know. It really can't be that hard since it looks like an analogue signal.

Also, today on the LR website, after putting in my VIN, the system tells me that my iPhone should be fully compatible with the BT connection. Tomorrow, I will take this up with the dealer who has been telling me otherwise for two years.

Also, from what I have found, those looking for simple Sirius and iPod audio input can use an inline antenna modulator with BMW/Euro adapters connected to one side or the other of the window antenna amp (XUO000010). I'll let you know how that works, too.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a North American model, left hand drive, look in the driver's side rear cargo area, behind the panel. The HK Logic 7 is the silver box nearest the tailgate.
In the close up, I'm looking for the connector below the light-colored fiber cables.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
An AUX input for the '05 Range would be great...I've been hoping someone would figure out a way to connect an iPod to the factory system using the CD changer input.

·
Registered
122 Posts
maybe someone with a 2006 with the dvd system can provide some info. i think there are a few people in this forum with one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My understanding is that the 2006 is entirely different, but that could be a lie.

I am trying to activate an additional connection using an unused port on the Logic 7. It is a 20-pin connector, which is different from the Corvette system (which is 16-pin). I had hoped the Delphi XM unit might interface directly. I will try to obtain access to a vette to look it over for a 20-pin connection to something. I also have been unable to locate an electrical diagram or pinout reference. LR is utterly clueless and HK will not talk about it.

All I really need to find is something compatible, or a diagram for anything compatible. I could buy the LR analogue TV unit for $1300, just to find out the signal and power pinouts, but, um, no.

If I thought I could make a buck on an adapter, I guess that would be money well spent.

How many people here would pay $50-200 for an AUX adapter that doesn't compromise the CD system?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
noname said:
My understanding is that the 2006 is entirely different, but that could be a lie.

I am trying to activate an additional connection using an unused port on the Logic 7. It is a 20-pin connector, which is different from the Corvette system (which is 16-pin). I had hoped the Delphi XM unit might interface directly. I will try to obtain access to a vette to look it over for a 20-pin connection to something. I also have been unable to locate an electrical diagram or pinout reference. LR is utterly clueless and HK will not talk about it.

All I really need to find is something compatible, or a diagram for anything compatible. I could buy the LR analogue TV unit for $1300, just to find out the signal and power pinouts, but, um, no.

If I thought I could make a buck on an adapter, I guess that would be money well spent.

How many people here would pay $50-200 for an AUX adapter that doesn't compromise the CD system?
Honestly, I would rather have my iPod playing over the CD changer system so I wouldn't care if it compromised it or not. I was considering buying the Alpine 425i ipod interface but I'm just not sure if it would work in the 05 Range Rover. At this point, I would be willing to pay atleast $100 just for an AUX input for now.

http://www.incaripod.com/Vehicle/Range_ ... od_Package

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hiya noname.
I currently have quite some very hands on activity and understanding with the 2005 logic 7 system and its wiring and connectivity, due mainly to my current 03 to 05 infotainment upgrade project.
In particular, i am also modifying a low spec system loom to Logic 7.
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/IUI/logic7.htm

I also have quite a lot of knowledge of the various Logic 7 Amps and their programming / re configuration to suit the different fitment option possibilities they have in all the different LR models they are used in.

I am however a bit confused by your description of which connector as Grey / Black and based only on my knowledge of the system, assume that you mean the Black (With Red insert) as the Grey must always be fitted to power Rear speakers, sub woofer Amp etc.

This Black connector is typically used to provide low power outputs. On a Disco 3 / 4 and Sport these are fed to the side mounted headphone sockets, for second or third row passengers, but on an L322 are used to drive the Infra Red transmitters mounted in the rear overhead conole that are then picked up by the Infra Red headphone sets for rear passengers using the RSE (Rear seat Entertainment). I am guessing that as you don't have RSE fitted, this would explain why your non RSE loom does not have this Black conector fitted at all.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, that is precisely the info I was looking to find. The black connector... yes. Is there a "hidden" input capability here? Or is there another way to interface with the system which will activate an AUX on the display? Since the marketplace hasn't found a solution, I am trying to find one.
(I did query through the BBS website, but the answer wasn't what I needed. I asked if your system would allow activation of such a feature... guessing it is undocumented by the response.)

I would rather not have an external switch as the MOSTAUX-RR requires. I guess I could wire it so that plugging in any audio source activates the system, but that would require connecting and disconnecting...

I'd also like to be able to install secondary audio sources like ham and weather radio audio, which wouldn't be removable units... maybe a switch is the thing to use, but I'd like to know ALL the options before deciding... any ideas?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
Gentlemen, there are Aux kits for the BMW era rovers. The kit is $179 and does not compromise the CDC.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, the BMW Rovers are different from the 05. I also would be interested in a solution to this problem on the 05.

Edit, hmm that Incaripod deal looks interesting. They indicate it works in an 05. Not cheap, but I could ditch the headphones and fumbling with my ipod while driving ;)

Then the inline FM deal, I wonder if anyone has tried that? I got the regular little portable transmitter thingy and it needs to be in the back seat for good sound and driving through areas with lots of radio stations it is useless.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The MOST-Aux/NAV-TV solution requires an external switch rather than a on-screen soft button to get aux audio input in the RR using the MOST network. iTronic uses the mObridge solution which does the same, taking the CD changer function when switched on, and Mr. Cartronics' website is not helpful about which Rover and how it works in this system (it may be the same as with MOST-Aux. The mObridge website does not indicate any RR compatibility, so no help there.
Edit to add: The Alpine 425i looks great, but it is on a UK website listing 2005 and up, which I think corresponds to US 2006+ specs. I'll check with Alpine US

Honestly, I would prefer to use an RF solution with the available inline modulator before I do either of these; hit a certain radio preset and get a nice clear audio from any source!

BBS Spy: Will your system allow programming of additional on-screen access to modules (XM/Sirius, Aux, iPod) connected to MOST? As in, could I install a MOST-Aux or mObridge, or a different OEM module made for MOST and set it up to be found by the system using an on-screen button?

BT iPhone update:
Also, my local dealer is working on a low/no cost solution for the BT/iPhone bug which causes the OEM BT module to think it is connected, but drop out as soon as a call is initiated. They did not locate any firmware/software updates to fix it in the LR system. I have also requested LRNA to get involved, since their website says that my VIN should be full compatible with iPhone. (Dealer wants me to buy a new module for $400-ish and pay about $150 for the install - one screw, one MOST plug, one Delphi electrical connector.) I have been asking for this fix for two years, since the warranty was still in effect - but the dealer never documented my requests.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sorry for any confusion... the data sheet I downloaded from your website for the BMW contained the same schematic graphic as on the mObridge website, hence my confusion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
what's the best way to get an Ipod / Iphone 4 installed in my '05 HSE that comes with old phone unit ? anyone in Southern CA that you'd recommend..? Range Rover Dealer told me that they cant do anything about and dont have a part that will work.

please help...

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check your VIN at:
http://www.landrover.com/Microsites/GWS ... rket=us-en
edited to add: (I ran the VIN from the photo, and it says it is compatible.)

If it say it is compatible, then the OEM module should be working, and that is my situation which should be resolved today. Wait one more day and I'll have an answer.

I looks like you have the 2005/first year MOST fiber network as I do, for which there is an OEM module (mentioned in my previous post.) I'll try to get the part number in person from my dealer or LRNA, (my module is XVJ50042, but a later variant will provide more features.)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
178 Posts
noname said:
http://www.landrovertechinfo.com has all the pinouts. I bought a one day access to it a few years back just for this reason, but found nothing useful. According to the stuff I printed out, there are five connectors on the Logic7 Amp.

C0491 is a 20 pin connector and drives the centre, sub, front mid, front tweet and headphones.
C0492 is a 16 pin connector that drives the rear mid, rear woof, tail surround, etc.
C0493 is a 2 pin power connector
C2106 is the MOST connector
C2414 is an SPDIF input

C2414 is of the most interest. Looking further in the docs shows that the DVD Changer from the Rear Seat Entertainment System is connected to the SPDIF input. Analog RCA->SPDIF adapters are readily available (http://www.centralcomputers.com/commerc ... t_id=74789), but how do we tell the Logic7 Amp to switch to that input...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sounds like good news, with regard to the SPDIF/digital audio input. It might be that the system will recognize that a signal is waiting to be used once it is connected.

The 20-pin on mine is not used, so the pinout you mention is probably not correct.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
178 Posts
noname said:
That sounds like good news, with regard to the SPDIF/digital audio input. It might be that the system will recognize that a signal is waiting to be used once it is connected.
I was wondering the same thing.

noname said:
The 20-pin on mine is not used, so the pinout you mention is probably not correct.
Very odd. I'll have to check mine. Here's a scan of the Logic7 pinouts:

http://db.tt/1LCCPHx

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The bottom of the scan mentions Sirius, which was not an option on 2005. I wonder if 2006 was changed from having crossovers at the speaker to separate amp'ed lines or something. BBSspy previously posted that the connector in question contains the headphone outputs, which corresponds to part of what is shown here.
Thanks for the data.

BBSspy, do you know if a Blackbox device will allow us to enable new things on the MOST network? (Is the programming for AUX, DVD, TV, SAT, etc., available in the system, or is the system simply incapable of any of these?)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts