RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CPO RRS came with InControl Pro Services, InControl Remote Premium, and InControl Protect. But no InControl Data Plan.

When I look at the InControl Pro Services “about this service” section I see: Land Rover InControl Pro Services adds a suite of connectivity features to your infotainment system including Connected Navigation services, Live and an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot. Connectivity for these is provided by a SIM card which is inserted in the SIM card slot in your vehicle. Please see your vehicle handbook for more information.

Does that mean that, for example, I don’t get connected navigation services unless I have a SIM data plan?

I don’t need a Wi-Fi hotspot in the car. So other than that, for what else would I need to get a plan for the SIM card?

Thanks in advance for your clarifications!

Jose

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
my understanding is that whatever is in the infotainment system requires a data plan: Live Services, traffic, browser, hotspot, etc.
things that are vehicle features though, like remote climate, remote lock, SOS assistance, etc work even without a customer sim, for the warranty duration.

it's easy to double-check this: just pull out the SIM. the latter category will definitely keep working.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totya, thanks for the tip! You were right. I connected the system to my phone via personal Wi-Fi hotspot and all sorts of data started downloading. Prior destinations, journeys, nearby POIs, etc. Also, as I drove with it I noticed that traffic was now showing on the map.

I saw your reply to my question on the SIM. Thanks for that also! I'm gonna wait till I get 18C update in my car to see if the personal hotspot reconnects automatically (it doesn't now, I have to connect manually every time), if it doesn't then I'll give the SIM a try and see how it goes. If it's too slow to download stuff I'll switch to a mobile hotspot.

Jose

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
At that point you will have CarPlay or AndroidAuto fed with data by your phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts