RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I found a P38 at the wrecking yard this weekend, I took a lot of parts both blower motors are still there, i may go back for them, I did remove them, but I just wasn't impressed with them. I also saw the ECU under the dash behind the glove box, what is that one? I removed most of the dash parts because I'm going to remove the dash in the a.m. I also removed the entire sunroof assembly, here in lies my question, the glass looks good the frame has about 10% rust (Light) the sticker by the motor has a date of 2001 the cables look ok but I'm really not sure of the condition of any of it. My sunroof has about 50% rust. They want 60.00 bucks for the whole assembly, what do you all think. Should I get the dash it looks pretty good?

Thanks for your input.....

Scotty

p.s. I did buy the seat belts (front) I want to learn how to rewind them, I thought they would be good to pratice on. I also pick up the EAS timer,hood release handle (like new) mine was broken,the trim under the rear window
in perfect condition, several other items all for about 25.00 bucks.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
I hate you. :lol:

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats ok, but you didn't answer the question Martin... :lol: :lol:

Scotty

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
hell for those prices, yes get it!!!!

Martin

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright then, I'll do it, i'll buy everything they have with in reason that is. Then i will make it available on this forum at my cost plus shipping. HUH how cool am I 8) I am removing the dash it's in great condition and mine is warping, I'm also going to buy the dash center, with all the switch's, Head light, EAS, flasher, not sure if they work but the dash piece is in really good condition it's worth the ten bucks, I guess.

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Carl the C.D. changer is still there if you want it..
I don't know the condition, looks ok..

Scotty

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone ever ran the blowers or any of the 12V parts for testing purposes, off of a 12v rechargable battery?

Scotty

·
Registered
276 Posts
The ECU behind the glove box is the ABS ECU.

If it's got three connectors it's 99-onwards, one connector means pre-99.

Sigi

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then it would be pre 99 thank you should I pick it up?

Scotty

·
Registered
276 Posts
I never heard of a failed ABS ECU, but if you had one as a spare you could probably run your car for 100 years and the ECU would absolutely never fail...

In case I did already hear about it and forgot about it (not very uncommon unfortunately): anyone here who had a failed ABS ECU?

Sigi

·
Registered
948 Posts
If you don't mind asking, which wreck yard do you go to? I've been to quite a few wreck yards, because of my other project car, I've never ever seen a P38.

I know this is like asking for a treasure map, but hey, you can tell me after you've gone through it first........PLEASE PM me w/ the info........I'm begging now.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

To answer your question about the fan. You can bypass the electronics by putting direct 12VDC on the motor only.
Unplug the connector at the top af the fan motor and apply + there.

Photo from the fan motor with the plastic shields removed

Connect the black wire to - and the fan will run at full speed. Hold it or clamp it down firmly when doing this test.

Good luck

Jos

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great info Jos, thank you..

Scotty

1 - 14 of 14 Posts