RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Looking to possibly buy a 2010 V8 RR SC Sport with 88 k on it - Ask is just below $17 k - Car drives great and is in very good condition - New tires. Brakes done a year ago and best Timer Belt just replaced. he has all the service records Its actually someone we know well but I was hoping you all might help with a few questions :

1. The price seems fair - or at least in ball park- your thoughts ?

2. What should we be worried about going soon in terms of major work ? I dont mean just in general but are there any hidden land mines in the 2010 SC V8 I should be aware of ?

3. Any other advice ? I have owned a few RR SC Sports as well as LR4 s but all were knew when bought - This would be first used - Will not see high mileage use

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
94 Posts
Timing chain, tensioners, guides are the land mine. Check if they were done and done properly (check exactly what was replaced). Injectors are also expensive and can go around that mileage. Price sounds about right.

My advice is make sure you have a good independent shop in the area and buy yourself a diagnostic unit so you aren't freaking out every time a code is thrown.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts