RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Advice On Extended Warranty, ASAP. And I love this SUV!!!

Hi,

I purchased a RRS-8 on 10/31 and I'm looking for best execution on an extended warranty. How much did you pay and did you go through the dealer? Need to have some information to knock the dealer down before contract goes in, so any input would be greatly appreciated!

About the truck; I love it! I did my typical 'fanatical' style research on the sport and knew I wanted one, but was turned off by the 'over list' pricing here in SoCal. Dealer wanted 10K over but I'd already been on the lot several times when they were marked up 5K, so they honored.

I have owned everything over the years, but I gotta say, I've never had an SUV put goose bumps on my arms. Hats off to Tata.

BTW, I didn't know that the IRS ruling for 'Heavy SUV's' was reintroduced (and ended) in 2013. Not as generous as the old write off, but still a great deal. If any of you have a business and aren't aware of it, talk to your CPA.

Happy New Year...

·
Registered
744 Posts
Re: Need Advice On Extended Warranty, ASAP. And I love this SUV!!!

Congrats!!

Wow, $5k over invoice, seems like a good deal if you get to pick it off the lot.

I went with my insurance company for the mechanical breakdown (extended warranty), 7 year or 75k miles. It cost me $50 or less per year for the 7 years. With a $250 deductible. I've been buying this from them since 2002, used it probably about 3 or 4 times since over many new cars. Worth it. Check with your insurance company, most carry mechanical breakdown now.

Section 179 write off was great, sadly 2013 was the last year for the big write-offs. They revised it for up to $2MM for 2012/13 I think. I also took advantage of that and bought mine in 2013.

Again, congrats on your RRS. It's the best car I've ever owned so far. My goal is, if I can do a year without any major mechanical issues, then I'm sold on the brand. It's my first JLR vehicle, so I'm praying for reliability.

Here's to a 2014 year of enjoyment.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

Go through your insurance carrier. The dealer crap is not any better, in fact it's worse. I looked into it for my old RRS. And why are you looking into it now? Wait until you need it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thank for the heads up. Never thought about my auto carrier. Mind if I ask who you guys insure with? I'm with Allstate.

I wish I got my RRS 5K over invoice. I got it 5K over MSRP. And I had to take a $2,995.00 hit for powder coated wheels which probably cost them less than a grand to finish.

The dealer did offer up 1.9% financing without a haggle. And of course, I made the mistake of looking at the accessories catalogue. Whatever, I'm happy.

Cheers.

·
Registered
340 Posts

When I got my 911 it came with a warranty the PO had - it was a Fidelity Platinum warranty - they have been great to deal with. Very easy on the claims process and dealer likes them - they paid porsche dealer rates. If I was to get an extended warranty it would be with Fidelity.

http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices.com/

·
Registered
114 Posts

Just so everyone knows the extended warranties are negotiable - never pay full price. When I bought mine through BMW I asked my service rep if anyone was ever dumb enough to pay full price and his response was - 'all the time, you wouldn't believe me if I told you'.

·
Registered
306 Posts

I have geico and they quoted me $15.75 every 6 months on my 14 RR SC and I can wait until the 15th month to start paying. It will go up but only to $20-30 every 6 months with a $250 deductible for each failure. Its good for 7 years 100k. It runs concurrently with the factory warranty until that runs out. Its also an inclusive warranty meaning it covers everything except for whats listed like wear and tear items.

This seems like a better deal than paying $4-5 grand and hardly ever using it.

·
Registered
62 Posts

does anyone have any experience with costco extended warranty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts