Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gentlemen, I’m a newbie here .
Happy to see lot of informative content in this forum. I’ve been thinking about buying a Range Rover L322 for some years now and I think the time has come.

I found one recently which is a 2013 HSE 5.0 with 83,000kms on the clock. Vehicle history looks good with all service done with the dealer. I have an option to buy a third party warranty for around US$2000 per year upto 2 years for which they will allow to continue the service at the dealership.
I have the following questions:

1) Am I better off with getting the warranty at $2000/yr ?
2) Will I be spending less than $2000 on this keeping in mind that I will be using it as a daily driver and no off-roading ?
3) What’s the typical life on the engine ? My assumption is a rebuild will be required at around 150,000 kms, is it ?
4) Any links to where I can get quality rebuilt engines to continue using my rover ? (Long term goal)
5) I have also found another L322 2013 with 60,000 kms which adds up additional $6000 to the current one. Should I get the 60,000km Rover Supercharged or 83,000km Rover HSE ?

I’m already aware that the rover is not so reliable suv and I’m ready for it.

Any additional suggestions for the new owner are welcome.

Many thanks in advance !

·
Registered
420 Posts
HOW mechanically inclined are you?
Are you able to perform your own services?
Are you good with tools?

If the answer is yes i would skip the warranty and drop taking it to dealers completely , then i would get to know my car really well and undertake all maintenance services it may need going forward. That is how you keep these cars around for a long duration of time... without it costing you a fortune.

If the answers to above questions are no then Hopefully you have a deep wallet and be prepared to spend a fair bit in maintenance as the vehicle ages , get the warranty and sell the car just before your warranty expires in an effort to skip paying out of pocket for the inevitable expenses that will come with the joy of driving the rig.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts