RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around but cannot find anyone who sells such a thing. I was thinking about a custom build, but thought about asking here first to see if any of you have ideas on how to achieve such a great conversation piece.

[youtube:3pfpratq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZmK6pKEBVw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube:3pfpratq]

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
196 Posts
Re: Need a Holland & Holland style liquor cabinet for Rover

Money and lots of it , you have to love the idea of a drinks cabinet that never runs out.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

I use a cooler placed in the back, or if I'm going to a party with booze I put it in a brown paper bag... Seems like the most cost effective and practical solution to your conundrum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Haha, yes the ice cooler and brown paper bag is my current method of liquor transportation. I was hoping to find a more sophisticated approach. I don't need the gun compartments and storage space for gloves and shells, but I do need a drawer with crystal glassware and scotch, lots and lots of scotch.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Cars, alcohol and guns. Great combo! `)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

Rockclimber said:
Haha, yes the ice cooler and brown paper bag is my current method of liquor transportation. I was hoping to find a more sophisticated approach. I don't need the gun compartments and storage space for gloves and shells, but I do need a drawer with crystal glassware and scotch, lots and lots of scotch.
Haha!

I'd honestly just do a bit of research in your area as to who the best cabinet maker is and have them do it. Just show them a picture of that Holland and Holland piece.

I tried to look up the Holland and Holland cabinet online for you, all I found was a tiny interior trim piece for $500... So that thing is probably so expensive it'd be cheaper to have someone make you a one off.

good luck

·
Registered
2,484 Posts

Vogue said:
I have looked around but cannot find anyone who sells such a thing. I was thinking about a custom build, but thought about asking here first to see if any of you have ideas on how to achieve such a great conversation piece.
here you go :-

http://www.boxwoodcraft.com/bootchests.html
some of those are awesome, sure he'll be psyched to see this post

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

WOW, you just made my day... actually that made my week. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts

To be quite honest, I would have to imagine that you could get a cabinetmaker here stateside to make you a custom "chest of drawers" with no feet and have them compartmentalize the drawers to your specifications. IMO I would not worry about handwork and wood usage since it is sitting in your boot, basically build a very sturdy carcase and then face the drawers with figured wood. Any cabinet maker will be able to do this for you if you give them the dimensions and some pics. Just a thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts