Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am looking to have 50 mm air spring spacers fabricated for my p38. I need to know what the measurement on size and exact shape is for the d shaped hole that they will need to have in them. i have been reading on paulp38 lift guide and that is the only dimension i really need. i can get them fabricated in town after that. or if someone would like to be paid for it or has some lying around i will buy them from you.

Thanks,

Turner

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
So you just need the dimensions for the D hole?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi mate. If you look up Paul p38 on Google he has a lot of info on them. I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leftlanetruckin correct, I just need the d-hole dimensions so i don't have to take one out to find out, and rbanks182 yes that is where i got the idea from if you read above.

Thanks,
Turner

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
This?
airbag base.JPG

If so, I can mic it out and send you dimensions
Luckily, I'm in the shop and at home, and have a spare set of airbags laying around......

Martin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes please, that is exactly what i need! thank you very much, this forum is amazing for p38's and this is somewhere around my 10th post.

Turner

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Rear, in mm.

D size.jpg
D size1.JPG

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Fronts.,
These are Arnott GenII bags, but the mounts will be the same as OEM.
D front1.JPG
D front.JPG

Diameter of the base is 125mm on both front and rear .

Martin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rbanks, yea i was sure you had just looked it over, and leftlanetruckin, big help brother. I am taking some drawings to to get fabbed tomorrow. rbanks, if you continue with the idea let me know how it goes. as mine sits on stock height, i am running 265/75/16 on 4 inch backspaced wheels with a good bit of fender trim and i did bumper trimming to improve approach and departure angles. the pictures are at off road setting, so with the 2 inch spacer lift, as paulp38a has it, i should look like this at normal height when done. can't wait.

Thanks,
Turner

Attachments

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
I can make some cardboard templates of each and mail them to you if need be, but the measurements should work fine for anyone used to fabbing stuff.
I made some years ago after I installed the LSx motor in my own P38, but have since removed them. No idea where the spacers are now though......Buried somewhere in the shop!

Martin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, it is a professional shop and they supposedly do well with prototypes and what not so i will go and see what they say. the fronts i am doing level at 42 mm with 4 mm top and bottom plates but on the rears i am going to aim them forward with a 20 mm slope difference as paul suggests.from 52 to 32 mm from front to back inbetween

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Good deal.
Just let me know if you need any other dimensions, and I'll see what I can do.

Martin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts