Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.
A stööpid thing which haves me alienated.
If I go to the car (which is already parked and closed) to get something from the trunk or the glove compartment, I open it and close it normally (without putting the key into contact, to be clear) and I realise nav screen stays on forever. 8-0= I have even went home and returned back to check after 10 minutes and screen was still on.
The only thing I can do to avoid such behaviour (and the battery to be drained) is to put the key in the contact, go to the on position like if I were about to crank it up, and get it off. Then, nav screen is off as normal.

I hadn't find any tip for this in the manual so... any hint? Maybe there is a config tip?

Similar thread with no solution: http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-...en-does-not-turn-off-automatically-05-rr.html

· Premium Member
2,471 Posts
By design, when unlocking the vehicle, and not cycling the key, the screen(infotainment system as a whole) stays powered up for 10 minutes, where as after a key cycle, it is just over 1 minute.

Try checking back on it after 11 minutes to see if it turned off, if not, there might be something going on with the IHU(part of the radio assembly) not performing the correct shutdown procedure. That is not a known issue, but there have been several software updates over the years to for the IHU, and that might take care of something like this.

· SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
2,020 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot. Know that I know it's a known matter, I will do the proper cycle anytime I have to get something forgotten from the car.
To be sincere, that's a useless feature and might be customizable: I really don't know how much battery drain can do those ten minutes of senseless logo screening... and on the other side, having to force all of those engine checks when you turn on the key is a bit dumb.

Thanks again for your tips. I really appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.