RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone that has the first Carin navigation system with the three buttons that’s still in operation. Mine is showing the wrong date and has been for about one year. The day changes like normal everyday it’s just in the wrong decade/ month and day. I have disconnected the battery but still goes back to the day it left off. I’ve also turned the date off and back on on the display in hopes it would update with the satellite. No luck. Does anyone show the current date on their navigation?

Thanks,
Kevin 59FB3F8C-C088-4424-B624-F2E3F2DF2A7D.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same setup as mine and same issue. If you have a private Land Rover garage in your area call them up and maybe they'll give you a solution over the phone.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. So you have the same issue? Seems LR didn’t expect it to last this long. Wonder if there is any way to update it to allow it to show the correct date? I know this should be the last thing I should be concerning myself about but I spent some time fixing this and am trying to keep it as original as I can. Will ask around local shops in my area and see if they have a fix for it.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Not 100% sure about your particular unit, but I do know this is a common issue with some 20+ year old Marine Gps Receivers. Particularly hand held units. Everything works fine...they know where they are, just not when they are......annoying. It will be interesting to see if there is a fix.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m going to contact my local dealership and see if they offer an update disk. Will let you know. I had a feeling I wasn’t the only one with this issue. Thanks for the reply Bolt!

Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts