RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, recently purchased a one owner 2013 RRS HSE Lux in Fuji White. I checked the map version out of curiousity and it has never been updated, still has the 2012 map. My question really is if the map update gives you anything more than the updated roads/POI, etc. For instance, does it update the interface at all, or update bluetooth or other entertainment system software? Any opinions as to the value of this update versus just using waze on my phone? Thanks.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIII / L322
166 Posts
I believe the latest maps update is from 2014, so hardly worth the expanse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you find the installed map version?
I'll tell you ahead of time, I don't know how to get out of the diagnostic screen other than turning off the vehicle and waiting 20 minutes or so, so proceed at your own risk. You can also go to navigation.com and chat with them and they will give you the directions to check your version.

Here's what they told me:

Press Home/Nav
Go to Nav Screen
When you see "Destination Entry:" at the top of the screen, press on the colon (yes, that's right) until the screen changes
Go to Parts Information
Go to Disk Information and you will see V xx.xx.xx . My vehicle says V 30.12.04. The second set of digits is the year - so my nav version is 2012.

Again, I don't know how to make it go back to the normal home screen by pushing a button, only turning it off and waiting a few minutes. The first time, the screen went black, but when I checked it about 20 minutes later it was all back to normal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts