RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just joined the forums, and thank you in advance for any help you can provide. I did a few searches to see if this topic has been addressed and didn't see anything similar--please forgive me if I missed it.

I have a 2004 Range Rover HSE. Two months ago, I was unable to start it. After getting the battery replaced (and a few other bells and whistles fixed), it worked for a few days. After that, dead again.

After taking it into the shop a second time, they located the source of the problem--the navigation system was never "shutting down" and was draining the battery. My problem is this: both the extended warranty company and Range Rover dealer have been unable to locate a replacement navigation system (part number LR005964) for approximately two months, and there is no solution in sight. Here is a link to the part:

http://www.roverlandparts.com/2003-2005rangerovernavigationcomputer.aspx

Has anyone run into this issue before? Are there any workarounds? Is there some sort of aftermarket product I could get installed that would solve my problem (like a new in-dash gps/radio/screen/etc)?

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about cars, but I'm happy to provide more info if requested. Thanks again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
The original fit sat nav is the BMW mk3 unit there are plenty of these available on fleabay 2nd hand as a lot of owners have tended to replace the mk3 with the mk4 (as fitted in the bmw x5) units.So you have a choice you can get a mk3 or mk4 unit both are plug and play.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts