Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,045 Posts
There is an Update Prior To Sale for 2014 Sport and Range Rover, titled "Map Routing", campaign # Q358. Don't know what the service bulletin is about and how many vehicles may be affected (I don't have a valid subscription to TopiX to view this document, can only see the title), but it may be worth checking with your dealer to see if your VIN may be included in such campaign. They may have a fix for your crazy routings.

Also, if you have TMC (the traffic monitoring thingie) enabled, try disabling it in your settings. It may not attempt to reroute you around traffic, but your satnav will suddenbly appear to be a lot smarter as a result.

· Registered
437 Posts
Supposedly the Nav has an auto-learn feature as well... if you deviate from the directed route 3 times, it will learn that you do not like turning at a specific street. Pretty cool feature, but can't verify if this is actually happening yet for me.

· Registered
437 Posts
i toned down the traffic warning setting and it seems to have helped
I have mine set to Avoid Major Events Only.

Only thing is it doesn't show traffic/congestion.

I like the Audi MMI system, which works similarly to Google Maps and shows different colors to indicate traffic speed (i.e. Green = Normal, Yellow = Slow, Red = Stop/Go).

Wish the LR Nav did that too. It just shows a million arrows all over the map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.