RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a learn route function on the RRS nav system, but I'm not sure how to use it. I'm assuming I can learn a route that I'm driving and then have that route stored if I'd like to drive that route again. I also assume this could be used for off road trail driving in order to learn the route?? Any input on this function??

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I see a learn route function on the RRS nav system, but I'm not sure how to use it. I'm assuming I can learn a route that I'm driving and then have that route stored if I'd like to drive that route again. I also assume this could be used for off road trail driving in order to learn the route?? Any input on this function??
I haven't played with learn route but I didn't know this till a few months ago that the RRS has offroad Nav. If you bring Nav up and then hit Nav again it brings up choice of on or off road Nav. You then can hit trace and it maps out your path you take so you can follow it back out. I used it in the mountains and was awesome.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't played with learn route but I didn't know this till a few months ago that the RRS has offroad Nav. If you bring Nav up and then hit Nav again it brings up choice of on or off road Nav. You then can hit trace and it maps out your path you take so you can follow it back out. I used it in the mountains and was awesome.
Interesting...So bring Nav up so I see the map and then hit something again?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Yep when map is up just hit Nav button again. And it will bring up option for on and off road. At least on my 13 it does. Not sure what else may have it.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I used to eat asparagus, urinate on trees, then follow my way back out using my highly developed sense of smell.

·
Registered
207 Posts
LEARN ROUTE
In Route options, Learn Route can be turned
On or Off.
When On is selected, if you make the same
deviation from the proposed route 3 times,
then the system will memorize the deviation
and offer that as the normal route from then on.
Select Reset all routes to delete any learnt
routes and return to the default settings.

RTFM, if I may humbly say so.
Gerd

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
Now you don't have to do that, apparently you can just hit the Nav button twice
And if you're feeling particularly adventurous, you could also even use the Terrain Response System at the same time as using the breadcrumb feature on the NAV system. Woo hoo! For the Trifecta, you might even raise the suspension to offroad mode! :) Have fun adventuring... :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LEARN ROUTE
In Route options, Learn Route can be turned
On or Off.
When On is selected, if you make the same
deviation from the proposed route 3 times,
then the system will memorize the deviation
and offer that as the normal route from then on.
Select Reset all routes to delete any learnt
routes and return to the default settings.

RTFM, if I may humbly say so.
Gerd
So if I simply want to have the Nav learn a route as if I'm dropping bread crumbs, I would need to be in the off road portion of the Nav system?

·
Registered
207 Posts
So if I simply want to have the Nav learn a route as if I'm dropping bread crumbs, I would need to be in the off road portion of the Nav system?
Basically "Trace Points" as bread crumbs are called here are only good for creating a route in off road naviagtion. However, I noticed that you can switch trace points on on off road then switch to on road navigation and the points are still generated. But really this is not "learning" a route (see above for that). In off road you can retrace the traced points and store up to 20 of those routes.
Gerd

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Basically "Trace Points" as bread crumbs are called here are only good for creating a route in off road naviagtion. However, I noticed that you can switch trace points on on off road then switch to on road navigation and the points are still generated. But really this is not "learning" a route (see above for that). In off road you can retrace the traced points and store up to 20 of those routes.
Gerd
But you're saying if I wanted to, I could trace a route even on the on-road map and then follow that back?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And since I'm on this subject. I still haven't figured out the easiest way to save a current location. Say find this great hooker on the corner and I just want to mark that address into my Nav for "future use" haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts