RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought new Navtech DVD Software (Europe 2009) to upgrade the outdated maps in my RR MY 2005.

Unfortunatly the "1791" trick doesn't work anymore, ie. I can't enter eg. targets into the Nav system whilst driving...

Does anybody know how to overcome this annoying obstacle?

Thanks

Stephan

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
AFAIK European dealers should be able to enable navigation on the move on 2005-2006 cars, upon request. They may charge you a labor fee to install the software patch in your satnav system (on MY2007s and newer that feature should be enabled at the factory.) North America is a different story. :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
stkes said:
I have bought new Navtech DVD Software (Europe 2009) to upgrade the outdated maps in my RR MY 2005.

Unfortunatly the "1791" trick doesn't work anymore, ie. I can't enter eg. targets into the Nav system whilst driving...

Does anybody know how to overcome this annoying obstacle?

Thanks

Stephan
I'm a new owner here and learning all the time so would be grateful if you would expand on whatever the "1791" trick is :pray:

Many thanks

Andy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Please disregard my last post as I did a search and found out all about it so will trial it in the morning but by all accounts it should work.:oops:

AndyT

·
Registered
9 Posts
AndyT said:
Please disregard my last post as I did a search and found out all about it so will trial it in the morning but by all accounts it should work.:oops:

AndyT
And it does... Great find but tobe honest very annoying its required anyway, I don't have this hassle on my motorcycle Sat Nav and thats more damngerous than driving a car :roll:

Thanks again

Andy :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts