RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I was just wondering if its possible to upgrade the Navigation system of the 2004 RR to a Jaguar version under warranty coz that's HEAPS better than the BMW system

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
of course anything can be done....the new system/jaguar is fiber optic, where the bmw system is not....this mod would be super intensive, the entire car would be ripped apart, and it would cost some serious bucks for an installer to do it right.....almost easier to just buy a new '05.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Moto One said:
The DVD (BMW Mk4 system) is an easy $900 usd, plug in, and go. The can be found on Ebay.
I would do this upgrade tomorrow, EXCEPT for the fact that you are then stuck with the BMW software; i.e. the BMW screen will be present instead of the RR one; you'l lose the refined British butler's voice.
Bish

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have done this mod....i dont even notice the bmw splash screen...the voice is different, but the imporvements in nav info, speed, everything really, is HUGE...so much better...then, once you have the MKIV computer (and updated trunk mount radio), you can add Sirius, Bluetooth, TV...all integrated through your factory nav screen and computer...a nice plus....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts