RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2008 Range Rover HSE with 46k miles. I have noticed (mostly on cold days) the Nav screen sometimes will start out kind of dark and then after a few minutes it goes back to normal. Almost like it has to warm up. Kind of strange, but doesn't bother me much...just don't want to let it slide if it may be an indication of a problem on the horizon. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks so much!

Madice
2008 Range Rover HSE 46k
2010 Nissan Maxima 5k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,283 Posts
madice said:
I drive a 2008 Range Rover HSE with 46k miles. I have noticed (mostly on cold days) the Nav screen sometimes will start out kind of dark and then after a few minutes it goes back to normal. Almost like it has to warm up. Kind of strange, but doesn't bother me much...just don't want to let it slide if it may be an indication of a problem on the horizon. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks so much!

Madice
2008 Range Rover HSE 46k
2010 Nissan Maxima 5k
Normal, use the search function.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I see you are also in NC. We have had some brutal cold over the last month and I have noticed the same thing. Seems to be that the screen does not like the cold for pixels to be fully engaged. A few minutes in when it is warmer in the cabin and the screen is just fine. I would imagine that there is an "optimal" temp range for the screen (much like you see for flat panel tv's, etc) and the cold we have had lately is below that :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dell said:
I see you are also in NC. We have had some brutal cold over the last month and I have noticed the same thing. Seems to be that the screen does not like the cold for pixels to be fully engaged. A few minutes in when it is warmer in the cabin and the screen is just fine. I would imagine that there is an "optimal" temp range for the screen (much like you see for flat panel tv's, etc) and the cold we have had lately is below that :)
Dell, that makes perfect sense. I thought that is what it was. Yeah, it's been insanely cold here lately. Thanks for the response!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Very welcome.

By the way, not sure where you are but I'm in Raleigh and insane doesn't even describe the cold. Something like insane to the power of 10! Being a southerner I don't do winter and this really miserable. At least I have my urban assault vehicle (Rover) to get through all the crap :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dell said:
Very welcome.

By the way, not sure where you are but I'm in Raleigh and insane doesn't even describe the cold. Something like insane to the power of 10! Being a southerner I don't do winter and this really miserable. At least I have my urban assault vehicle (Rover) to get through all the crap :lol:
Dell, I totally agree. I too am a Southerner, so I HATE cold weather like we've had. I live in Charlotte, but have spent a lot of time in Raleigh. Grew up near there.

Would love to see pix of your Rover. Can you post some on this page?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Absolutely, here you go!

She's adriatic blue with sand interior.

One from a few days ago in this eternal rain we have had. And the other from a couple weeks ago when we had almost 7 inches of snow! Couldn't resist the temptation to see how she performed in the adverse conditions :thumb:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice, Dell. Love the roof racks and the running boards. Adds a nice look and functionality! Very cool. Here are a couple shots of my RR.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top