RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've found several pages on this topic for older RR, but I have an 2006 HSE, which I read was updated. I started my RR after work (hard rain all day) and I first noticed the A/V off message and flashing LED on the left knob. No audio or picture on screen. I turned the truck back off, waited a few moments and turned it back on. This time all indications were the same initially but then the A/V off went away and the radio started working, but still no screen. Also if I touched the screen it would change modes (didn't know where I was pressing but I swapped the radio source from SAT to FM).

When I got home, I cycled the power again (just key, not battery) and things seem good to go. I opened up the left rear panel to inspect and see if I need to dry anything out. Nothing seemed wet, but clearly some water has been there before, see picture. While things seem ok for now, I still would like to hear your thoughts and for someone to tell me which module is has all the rust on it.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
check the plug for the bluethooth modual and make sure there is no water in there and see if the plug for the satellite modual is coroded or is it only from the outside housing

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All plugs seemed dry.

I set off this morning with my well timed day off to check the sunroof drains, first three were good, the last didn't drain. Thanks to my small hands and arms I was able to place an extension line in the rear fender exit point, it seemed clear blowing into the line with my mouth. A few moment later I noticed water dripping into the radio/nav area and figured the source was the 200mL of water I had tried to send down the drain. I then started pulling off pillar trim and dropping the Headliner. while parts were damp, I didn't find too much. I then decided to go ahead and blow some compressed air up the drain line. I then poured another 200mL of hot water down, expecting to see it run across the headliner I was pleasantly surprised that it came out of the power drain. I then buttoned everything except the E pillar trim.

Pulled out the old garden hose and started spraying areas, after a few moments I stopped and found I still had a leak. Pouring water slowly over certain areas I narrowed it down to the roof seam near the hinge, mentioned in TSB 76/16/03/NAS and on several posts. I also ordered a water shedder from LR.

Questions: Whats the goop of choice here? I already removed the rear spoiler but are there any other pro tips?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts