RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some back story. Bought it this summer in Alabama. So I haven't owned it in the cold till last night. It was the first night it really froze last night. Did some heavy off roading 2 days ago. Drove fine yesterday. This morning to to get in and the NAV screen is black. Then about every 10 seconds it flashes white. So after I notice this I turn on the music. All functions seem to work and the screen works, all buttons are fine. However I hear no music. So I plugged my phone in to a cassette player jack and turned up the volume on my phone all the way. Well I very faintly head the music from seems to be only from the rear speakers. At work today so I can't look untill tonight but I have no idea where to start. I don't know if it's related and what It could possibly be. The only thing I can think of is volume control for the radio. All other electronics work perfect. Any input is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm afraid your nav system has taken a poo :-( hopefully someone who is a bit more knowledgable can help you with a fix, but I'm not sure there is one except to replace it. Unhook the nav computer and the radio should work

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine does the same thing after it's been cold soaked. After 5-10 minutes of driving, I turn the engine off, wait for 3-4 minutes and then start again, it works as normal. No fix as far as I know. I had a new nav computer installed and software up to date but it's still a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm now in to my 2nd winter with my '02 and experienced the same problem a couple of times last winter. We just went thru a wet and cold spell here in KY and it's happened once to me in the last couple of weeks Seems to crop up when temps drop into the 30's or lower. That's the only time that I've experienced it. Warm,sunny and dry no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts