RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nav screen said to go to landrover.com/navigation. When I do that from my computer, the only regions it gives me as an option are Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East/Africa - I'm in NJ, USA.

Where I download the update from?

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The nav screen said to go to landrover.com/navigation. When I do that from my computer, the only regions it gives me as an option are Asia Pacific, Europe and Middle East/Africa - I'm in NJ, USA.

Where I download the update from?

Thanks.
I got the message also. I went to www.landrover.here.com and signed into my incontrol account.

Downloaded the Map Downloader and then popped in a USB stick.

9 GBs and it says it will take 1 hour to download.

Does anyone know how long the update takes when you plug the USB into the car? Says the car needs to be running and not moving.
I'd like to do it in my garage while connected to my home WiFi.
(couldn't find anything from the search options)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the message also. I went to www.landrover.here.com and signed into my incontrol account.

Downloaded the Map Downloader and then popped in a USB stick.

9 GBs and it says it will take 1 hour to download.

Does anyone know how long the update takes when you plug the USB into the car? Says the car needs to be running and not moving.
I downloaded the map downloader tool and got this message - An InControl Touch Map SD Card is required for the Map Updater to continue. Please insert the SD Card supplied with your vehicle.

What is the SD card, where do I find it? I don't have a slot in my computer for it?

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
you downloaded an incorrect version.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
I assume you have a '17 or '18 Sport. In that case, about 15 minutes.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
I assume you have a '17 or '18 Sport. In that case, about 15 minutes.
I was wondering this also. Thanks

When I read the directions I do not remember seeing that the vehicle needs to be stationary though. I did have an oil change yesterday so maybe my dealer did it anyway. I'll have to check the version number.

·
Registered
78 Posts
@totya, the update took exactly 15 minutes as you stated. It was simple with no hiccups.
(maybe one day the software updates will be this smooth)

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
(maybe one day the software updates will be this smooth)
HAHAHA, we can only hope, right? :D
This is why I'm very much afraid of OTA system updates - they're usually NOT smooth. What do I do with a bricked car in my garage? It's a challenge to even put it on a trailer from there.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
Supper easy and even did it while driving. I was stationary when I did selection but the car updated even while I was driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Supper easy and even did it while driving. I was stationary when I did selection but the car updated even while I was driving.
Apparently I downloaded the wrong map updater. I have a 2017 - where do I download it from? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
it offers you the map that matches the VIN. Do you by any chance have multiple vehicles registered there?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope. When I log in and try to download the latest map, a window pops up and asks me to choose an application to open the map. What program should I use and where do I get that program?

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
when you click on download, the first time it takes you to get the map downloader itself. Subsequent times it asks whether you want to use the map downloader to download the files. Not sure what you're doing there but if I were you, I'd try it from another computer or at the very least, from a different browser.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks downloading now. A new browser did it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I keep trying the link in the post above but it says it can’t find the webpage. When I went to the page my Nav screen tells me to go to, there is no option for 2018 sport.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’m confused as to what the exact step by step instructions are on this map update for a 2018. I too get the message that a new map is available. Do I then go to the link in the vehicle’s internet browser to download, or does it have to be done on a pc and downloaded to an SD card? I also see in this chain of posts a possible usb option?? How does that work exactly? Then another post mentions sitting in the garage so that it’s connected to his home’s WiFi. What’s the benefit there if you have to download the update via SD card or usb connection?

Lastly, can the update not be downloaded directly to the car via my t-mobile internet/WiFi service I have for the car?

You help is appreciated.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m confused as to what the exact step by step instructions are on this map update for a 2018. I too get the message that a new map is available. Do I then go to the link in the vehicle’s internet browser to download, or does it have to be done on a pc and downloaded to an SD card? I also see in this chain of posts a possible usb option?? How does that work exactly? Then another post mentions sitting in the garage so that it’s connected to his home’s WiFi. What’s the benefit there if you have to download the update via SD card or usb connection?

Lastly, can the update not be downloaded directly to the car via my t-mobile internet/WiFi service I have for the car?

You help is appreciated.

You have to download it to your computer then put it on a thumb drive then you put the thumb drive into the port in the center console. The directions on landrover.here.com will walk you through it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts